新目标 八年级 ( 上 ) Unit 4. Unit 4 How do you get to school? Self Check.
Post on 31-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
() Unit 4
Unit 4How do you get to school?Self Check
Make a survey How far do you live from school? I live 10 miles from school. How do you go to school every day? I go to school How long does it take you to get to school? It takes Ask your classmates and find some one whoReviewWrite their names in the chart on page 82. Who is the winner?
Find someone who Namelives 10 miles from school Tina Gewalks to school takes a bus to schooltakes more than an hour to get to schoolrides a bike to schooltakes the subway to schooltakes less than 10 minutes to get to school
Self CheckFill in each blank with the correct word given. Change the form of the word if necessary. Then make your own sentence with each word.ride take live think of get to
1. How do you _________ school in the morning?2. What do you _________ the transportation in your town?3. When it rains I _______ a taxi.4. How far do you ______ from the bus station?5. I like to _____ my bike on the weekend.get tothink oftakeliveride
Role play. Student B is an American in your town. He needs help from Student A. Write the conversation and then act it out.
A: Can I help you?B: Yes, please. I need to see my friend. Shes ill in the hospital. I have a map but its in Chinese, and I only speak English. How do I get there?A: Dont worry. Let me look at your map. OK, first _______________.
Next __________. Then_________.B: How far is it from here?A: Its about ________.B: How long ________?A: About ________.B: OK, thank you so much!A: Youre welcome. If you have a problem, you can _____________.
People in big cities often go to work by _______().Do you take a ______ () to school?Its about ______ (40) miles from Jims house to school.There are more than five ________ () people on the playground.I spend 15 ________ () reading English words every day.Wordssubwaytrainfortyhundredminutes
6. It ______ () me half an hour to get to school by bus.7. His home is not very _____ () from school, so he walks there.8. Its about 200 __________ () from Hangzhou to Shanghai. 9. Do you take a ______ () in the morning or evening.takesfarkilometersshower
10. After having a _______ () breakfast, he goes to work.11. Helen always get to school ______ (), usually at 6:50.12. We walk half a ______ () every day.13. When he arrived the bus _______ (), the bus had already gone.14. In ______ ()American, kids go to school on the school bus.quickearlymilestationNorth
15. In other _____ () of Wenzhou, it will be sunny.16. Everyone has to _______ () on himself.17. There are many ______ () in South China.18. I think taking a _____ () to school is very funny.partsdependriversboat
19. He _____ () be at home, because his light is on.20. Its good for us to eat ______ () vegetables and fruits.21. Hes funnier _______ () his twin brother.22. Who takes the ______ () to school in our class.mustmorethancar
23. Some students come to my ______ () to go sightseeing.24. My friend is ____ () in the hospital.25. I dont ______ () care for television.townillmuch
take the subway/ by subwaytake the train/ by traintake the bus/ by buson footget to schoolhave a quick breakfastleave forthe early busin North Americain other parts of the worldPhrases
11.,12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21.10depend ona lot more funnot all studentsother studentsa small number of be ill in the hospitalThank you so much.train stationbus stationbus stop10 minutes walk
by subway by bus by train by car by taxi by plane / air by ship / sea by bike on foottake the subway take the bus take the train take the car take a taxi to ..take a plane take a ship ride a bike walk How do you get to school?Sentences
10How long does it take?It takes / took sb some time to do sth.How far is it from his home to school?10 kilometers (away) from school5. That must be a lot more fun than taking a bus.6. What think of = howlike
1There are about n teachers in our school. 2Thirty m is half an hour.3It usually t me 20 minutes to walk to school.4Fifty and fifty is one h .5Can you wait for me at the subway s .6Children d on their parents for food.7Please help me with this math p .8English names are d from Chinese names.9Dont w . Let me help you.10I think bikes are the most popular means of t in China.11Beijing is in the n of China.12Be q , or well be late.13There are some boats on the r .ninetyminutestakeshundred stationdependproblemdifferentworry transportationnorthquickriver
1He usually (ride) a bike to school?2He has a breakfast and goes to school (quick).3 (read) in the sun is bad for your eyes. 4There (be) a lot of people in the museum.5How long does it take (walk) to school? 6Taking a boat must be a lot (much) fun than taking a bus. 7He is ill and he needs (see) a doctor.8Its necessary for me (wash) my clothes. 9Please tell him (come) to the hospital.10How Bob (get) to school every day?quickridesquickly Reading are to wash to walk moreto see to come does get
15.Other parts of the world are __________ (difference) from the United States.16.There are three most popular ways of ________ (get ) to school.17.I want to know how ________ (get) to school. 18.Students in Hongshanhu have to ______ (take ) a boat __________ (get) to school.11.His mother ________ (buy ) him a beautiful watch last week.12. Lets ______ (have ) a look at our photos on the Great Wall.13. Look! The girls ___________ (play) games there.14.Taking a boat must be a lot more fun than ______ (take ) a bus.have are playingtakingboughtdifferentgetting to gettake to get
1. It takes about fifty minutes to get to the factory. ()
2. My home is about 2 kilometers from school? ()
3. We often walk to school.()
4. Lets go fishing on Sunday. ()How long does it take to get to the factory?How far is your home from school?We often go to school on foot.Why dont you go fishing on Sunday?Why not go fishing on Sunday?
5. They lived here for about five years? ()
6. Other parts of the world are different from the USA. ()
7. It was snowing. But it was not very cold. ()
8. They went to Beijing by train.()
9. Maria had a quick breakfast and went to school. ()
How long did they live here?Other parts of the world are not the same as the USA.It was not very cold although it was snowing.They took a train to Beijing.Maria had her breakfast quickly and went to school.
10. What do you think of the transportation? () ____ do you _____ the transportation.11. A number of boys are playing football over there. () ___ ____ ___ boys are playing football over there.12. He goes to school by bike. () He goes to school _____ ________ _____.13. The students in the mountains go to school on foot. () _________ _________ go to school on foot?How likeAlotofon the/hisbikeWhich students
1. Jim10Jims home is 10 kilometers from school.Its 10 kilometers from Jims home to school.2. He takes the early bus to school.3. 30It takes 30 minutes from the subway station to school.4. How far does he live from the subway station?
5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Not all students ride bikes to school in our class. That must be a lot more fun than taking a train.In China, bikes and buses are the most popular means of transportation.It depends on what you like.If you have problems, you can ask the policemen for help.
10. I dont know what he thinks of my English.11. 12. Dont worry, there is a little time.He looks worried, because his mother is ill in hospital.
How do students get to school?Ways of travelingNumbers of studentswalking20bike10Bus5Subway3Train5Car1
They think walking is good for their health.They live near the school.They like riding very much.Their houses are not very far from the school.Five and another five.They live far from the school.His father likes driving.Different students have different ways to get to school.