10 Easy to Follow Tips for Presenting to Senior Executives
out of 16
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Easy to Follow Tips for Presenting to Senior Executives 10
- 2. Executives are naturally a TOUGH AUDIENCE.
- 3. Theyve got limited time, competing priorities, information overload, demanding bosses, and pressure to make great decisions quickly.
- 4. Theyll want you to get to the bottom line right away
- 5. Starting strong with executives means giving them confidence that youre going to use their time wisely. MAKE YOUR INTRODUCTION COUNT #TIP 1
- 6. Be prepared to cover your content in the time allotted and leave ample time for discussion or questions. USE YOUR TIME EFFECTIVELY #TIP 2
- 7. #TIP 3 BE FLEXIBLE Always remember to be flexible and cover what is most important to your audience.
- 8. #TIP 4 KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE Do they have any preferences? What topics are particularly interesting to the targeted executive or group of executives? Do you know their background and objectives? Are they likely to interrupt your presentation with questions?
- 9. #TIP 5 Dont plan to show the Data unless asked. If they need it they will ask, but otherwise save time. HAVE DATA TO SUPPORT WHAT YOU SAY
- 10. #TIP 6 Your slides should supplement what youre saying by offering images, diagrams, and other easy-to-scan information. SMARTEN YOUR SLIDES
- 11. #TIP 7 KEEP IT SIMPLE Research shows that executives appreciate presentations that are clear, brief, and to the point.
- 12. #TIP 8 ASK FOR ACTION What actions do you want them to take? Approve an idea? Give you feedback on your approach? Hire a consulting team? Fund your startup?
- 13. #TIP 9 SUM IT UP Develop a clear, short overview of your key points, and place it in a set of executive summary slides at the front of the deck; have the rest of your slides serve as an appendix.
- 14. #TIP 10 Before presenting, run your talk and your slides by a colleague who will serve as an honest coach. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
- 15. As with almost everything, the more experience you get presenting to leadership teams, the easier it becomes.
View more >
INTERNATIONAL FOOD SERVICE EXECUTIVES ?· INTERNATIONAL FOOD SERVICE EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT’S…
MEF SALARY SURVEY FOR EXECUTIVES AND NON EXECUTIVES salary survey for executives and non executives 2016 _____ 1 | p a g e
BRIEFING THE BOSS: PRESENTING TO SENIOR EXECUTIVES Presented to the NIH PM Community Larry Tracy Tracy Presentation Skills December 9, 2009