10 ways to build your brand reputation online
out of 24
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHere are some of the things I have learned about your online brand reputation that have helped me make amazing connections, grow my reach and business, and have a whole lot of fun sharing ideas and learning from others...
- 10 Ways To Build Your Brand Reputation Online Original article by Deborah Shane
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, youll do things differently. - Warren Buffet
- Want to build your brand reputation? Here are some of the things I have learned that have helped me make amazing connections, grow my reach and business, and have a whole lot of fun sharing ideas and learning from others...
- 1. Be Yourself
- The social media world is one dimensional, but you can make yourself multi-dimensional. Take a more personal approach to writing. Write how you converse. Practice and study other successful bloggers and web writers.
- 2. Be More Interested In Others
- Let people know you care about them, their issues, and their challenges. Heres what I can do to help... is a powerful connector.
- 3. Show People Your Personal World
- Telling people what foods you like, favorite places youve traveled to, and so on can give people a well-rounded glimpse of your world. WARNING: Careful about what and how much you share, though. Remember, how viral the Web is and that you cant delete or erase things!
- 4. Get To Know Your Followers
- OK, so you have 1,000s of friends and followers! Do you know anything about them? Survey them for their demographics and psychographics. Get to know what they need from you and let them know how they can help you.
- 5. Collaborate And Hook People Up
- I connect and hook people up regularly. I simply introduce people via e-mail introduction, state the synergy I sense, and let them take it from there! Try it, it works!
- 6. Temper Your Humor And Anger
- Hey, I love a great joke and some edgy language, but I dont need anything really off color or any profanity to get my attention. Careful here.
- 7. Be Consistent And Show Up
- Be a kid in the playground. Show up, get to know the other kids, let them know what position you play best to help the team, acknowledge when others make a great play, and play your heart out when you get picked to play!
- 8. Give And Receive
- When people ask me how they can help me, and I know they are coming from a genuine place, I accept their invitation and allow them the pleasure of giving and me receiving. Try it!
- 9. Offer Solutions That Have Worked
- The rule with social media (which is kind of unspoken) is 4 to 1. Four posts or tweets where you give and provide information that provides solutions to problems or challenges and one promoting yourself.
- 10. Spread Hope And Positivity
- We all benefit from others sharing their successes, silent heroes, triumphs and lessons, especially now. Share yours and others that you have found!
- Read The Original Article! We hope you enjoyed this presentation! Click here to read the original article by Deborah Shane on CAREEREALISM.com.
View more >