21 proven ways to increase your website conversion rate
out of 23
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 21ProvenWaystoIncrease YourConversionRate! ConversionIQ
- 2. Keith Hagen Co-Founder Developer to Online Business Big Corporate Background The Company WEBSITES ONLY Continuous Improvement Programs 26 Active Clients 6 FTE Denver, CO
- 3. 1.GetInsights Get Close to the Customer. How do you do that? You dont care. What you should care about is 1. Quality of Insights 2. Actionable Insights 3. Time to Insights
- 4. BestTools toGainInsights #1. User Testing #2. Website Analytics #3. Sales Person Interviews/Focus Groups #4. Site Polls (not Surveys) #5. Heat Maps
- 5. 2.Dont TestStupid Stuff
- 6. Resonates - Heat-Map 3.Address YourAudience
- 7. What the Customer Wants - Analytics 4.GetTheRight Threshold
- 8. Orients, Clear, What they Want, Resonates - Sales People 5.Know Your CalltoAction
- 9. Poll 6.Know Your Objections
- 10. 7.Display Your Content, Simple. Before you optimize content, do cross browser testing to make sure people can see it Great resource: http://crossbrowsertesting.com/
- 11. 8.Load PagesQuickly Even tiny lifts in page load times impact conversion Amazon sales fell by 1% for every 100 millisecond increase Great resource: http://www.webpagetest.org/compare
- 12. 9.FormUsability Users are most likely to abandon completing the form on the 1st address field. 47% of users leave Zip Code field empty before submitting.
- 13. 10.Start WithEntry Pages Start with Bounce Rate of top 3 entry pages. Need to answer 3 questions in 3 seconds: 1. Who are you? 2. What do you do? 3. What does it mean to me? 11. Watch the fold, but dont be afraid of it. 15% Bounce Rate & the majority of clicks are below the fold.
- 14. 12.UseHindsightAsASuperPower Quantitative Analytics Heat-maps CRMs Qualitative User Testing Surveys Screen Recordings
- 15. 1316.Avoid commonpitfalls Pogo sticking Roach motels Linkitus Windows a plenty Visitors dont know where the links lead; they click around to find what they need Visitors get lost with too many separate windows Visitors get frustrated with dead end pages with no way to go back (PDFs) Visitors cant find what they need; they return to the home page to try again
- 16. 17.StateChanges NeedToBeNoticed. If you use a bag, make sure people know the product has been added.
- 17. 18.LetThemShop Iftheywant. Dont send them to the cashier before theyre ready.
- 18. 19.Dont SendUsersOffsite Try hiding Coupon Fields. Avoid Using Coupon language at all.
- 19. 20.IfyouhavetoSlide,doitright. Promo 1st. Orient 2nd. Reinforce and Handle 3rd. 4 Max
- 20. 21.IfyouhaveReviews,getthem noticed.
- 21. www.ConversionIQ.com
View more >