21st century skill
Post on 06-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1.What are 21st Century Skills?
Prepared by NurulHikmah (10D0106)
& Hazirin (10D0105)
2. What are the skills needed to support the 21st century?
3. Another pic for 21st century skills
4. Core subjects and 21st Century Themes
Financial, Economic, Business and Entrepreneurial Literacy
5. Learning and Innovation Skills
Creativity and Innovation
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Communication and Collaboration
6. Information, Media and Technology Skills
ICT (Information, Communication and Technology) Literacy
7. Life and Career Skills
Flexibility and Adaptability
Initiative and Self-Direction
Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
Productivity and Accountability
Leadership and Responsibility
8. 21st Century Support Systems
21st Century Standards
Assessment of 21st Century Skills
21st Century Curriculum and Instruction
21st Century Professional Development
21st Century learning Environments
9. Why do we need to implement 21st Century Skills?
In the US, nearly two thirds of employers found that college graduates are deficient in
10. Why so deficient?
Weve got an educational system that was defined over a century ago
What happened back then? What era was that again?
Weve got an educational system built/designed for the
12. 13. Our students (and us) live in the
14. Going back to why we should integrate 21st Century Skills
Some of the reasons why
Importance to compete in the new global economy
Nature of work is changing*digital revolution*
The requirement of the 21st century workforce are changing!
Importance of preparing our students to be
effective 21st century citizens!
15. 16. 17. 18. Enough on why lets move on toHOW(just SOME suggestions/ideas)
Develop a consensus among the govt/industry on the 21st century skills needed by students in our country.
Embed 21st century skills in CORE SUBJECTS.
19. Upgrade Assessments use a full range of assessments to measure 21st century skills
Collaborate with the industry
Develop an agreement on skill outcomes and ask members of the industry to provide career awareness and internships that offer oppurtunities to learn beyond the classroom.
Enough on why lets move on toHOW(just SOME suggestions/ideas)
Each and every student must be
A CRITICAL THINKER,
A PROBLEM SOLVER,
AN EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR
AN EFFECTIVE COLLABORATOR
A SELF DIRECTED LEARNER
INFORMATION AND MEDIA LITERATE
FINANCIALLY AND ECONOMICALLY LITERATE