26th march 2011
Post on 20-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDagenham Crusaders 2012 DCI Tour Presentation
- 1. Dagenham Crusaders Drumand Bugle Corps DCI 2012 Launch Meeting
- 12 day tour of the US incorporating performances at DCI Shows and Championships
- Performances at DCUK and DCE Championships
- Other performances including DCUK season shows plus opportunities at the Olympics and other paying engagements
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 3. What?
- Double DCI alumni corps to present a distinctly British show to an appreciative US audience
- Largest corps possible to exceed 100
- Non competitive
- Similar format to 2009
- Balance of rehearsal and social time
- An inclusive opportunity to perform at the pinnacle event of the activity and enjoy the journey with your mates!
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 4. Why?
- Closure to Dagenham Crusaders history
- Infrastructure and personnel already in place
- Possibly the last opportunity to do this
- Performance at DCI
- March with new and old friends and family
- Fun and achievement
- Do it for yourselves!
- An experience you will never forget!
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 5. When?
- Travel Wednesday 1 stor Thursday 2 ndAugust
- Allentown DCI show 3 rdand 4 thAugust
- Michigan City, DCI Open and International class Championships 6 thand 7 thAugust
- Indianapolis, DCI World Class Championships 8 thto 11 thAugust
- Fly home Sunday 12 thAugust
- Balance of rehearsals, performances and free time
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 6. When?
- 2011 Rehearsals:
- Sign up, equipment issue and barbeque1 stMay
- 1 strehearsal 15 thMay
- Gradually increasing in frequency and length
- Initially every other Sunday 12 til 5pm
- One weeknight every week
- Sites between Dagenham and Basildon
- Comprehensive schedule to be provided June 2011
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 7. Who?
- Corps DirectorsTony Patrick & Dexter Roberts
- Show Design Jon Bilby
- Committee Keith Smith
- Logistics team
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 8. Who?
- Who can march?
- Crusaders alumni
- Alumni or ex members of any other corps
- Under 18s accompanied by a parent or an agreed guardian
- People who want to:
- enjoy the experience
- uphold the tradition and history of the corps
- perform to the levels that we would expect from the corps
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 9. Infrastructure
- Tried, tested and already existing
- Finance, constitution and charity number
- Much of what is required is already in place including the truck
- New uniform required
- Good relationships already built
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 10. How much?
- Members 14 months at approx 90 PCM
- 2 months foc August and September 2012
- Supporters 14 months at approx 55 PCM
- Standing order every month
- Paypal (credit cards) quarterly plus card fee
- First payment due end of May 2011
- Refunds only payable on tour monies
- Cost of Drill Master shoes
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 11. What you get for your money
- 770 tour costs (14 x 55 pcm)
- Flight and tour travel
- Accommodation and food (hotels and schools)
- Costs of show tickets and free time food not included
- 490 subs (14 x 35 pcm) covers 16 months
- Rehearsal facilities
- Equipment and uniform
- Travel to DCUK and DCE shows in 2012
- Cost of DCE trip
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 12. How much?
- Fund raising
- Membership share scheme
- Donations and grants - 40% to the member, 60% to the corps
- Event attendance - same applies to share the profit
- The more event tickets you can sell, the more you receive back
- Anticipated monthly fund raising events
- Sponsors and Grants suggestions?
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 13. How much?
- Fund raising example 1
- If ball tickets were 25 per ticket for example, for every ticket sold, 40% of the profit would be credited to the member
- If the profit per ticket is 5 for example, sell 10 tickets and receive 10 x 2 = 20
- Fund raising example 2
- Attend a fund raising performance. If 1000 is raised, 400 goes to the members who supported
- If 20 members attend, 20 would be credited per member
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation 14. Summary
- What An exciting opportunity to bid farewell to the Dagenham Crusaders with a DCI tour
- Why Do it for yourselves!!
- When 16 months from May 2011 culminating in DCI, DCUK and DCE performances
- Who anyone who wants to participate in the Crusader experience!
- How much approx 1260 offset by fund raising
03/28/11 Dagenham Crusaders D and BC Launch Presentation