3-1 The Distributive Property How are rectangles related to the Distributive Property?
out of 11
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- 3-1 The Distributive Property How are rectangles related to the Distributive Property?
- Slide 2
- Finding the Area of a Rectangle You find the area of a rectangle by using the formula length times width. On the next page, you will see two rectangles. There are two ways of finding their total areas.
- Slide 3
- Method 1 Put them together Add the lengths + = Multiply ( ) = 2 7 4 6 42
- Slide 4
- Method 2 Separate them. Multiply to find each area. 4(7) = 28 2(7) = 14 Add. 2 7 4 7
- Slide 5
- Key Concept To multiply a number by a sum, multiply each number inside the parentheses by the number outside the parentheses.
- Slide 6
- Use the Distributive Property 2(6 + 4) (8 + 3)5
- Slide 7
- 4(5 + 8) (6 + 9)2
- Slide 8
- Use the Distributive Property to Solve a Problem A one-day pass to an amusement park costs $40. A round-trip bus ticket to the park costs $5. Write two equivalent expressions to find the total cost of a one-day pass and a bus ticket for 15 students. Find the total cost.
- Slide 9
- North Country Rivers of York, Maine, offers one- day white-water rafting trips on te Kennebec River. The trip costs $68 per person, and wet suits are $15 each to rent. Write two equivalent expressions to find the total cost of one trip for a family of four if each person rents a wet suit. Find the total cost.
- Slide 10
- Simplify Algebraic Expressions Use the Distributive Property to write each expression as an equivalent algebraic expression. 3(x + 1) (y + 4)5 4(x + 4) (y + 3)6
- Slide 11
- 2(x 1) -3(n 5) 4(x 2) -2(n 3)
View more >
USING DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY HIPPITY H0PPITY DISTRIBUTIVE PROPERTY Created by Pat Prewitt, Central HS, Beaumont, TX
Distribution of the Distributive Property your mobile devices ready!Standards involving the distributive property and sample tasksReferences Distribution of the Distributive Property Dr. Roger Fischer ... Have your mobile devices ready!Standards involving the distributive
Distributive Property Day 1 Distributive Property allows you to distribute a factor outside a parenthesis…