3 2-1-action! screencasting tools
out of 47
Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTake a look at several screencasting tools to find out hoe you can easily share with teachers and parents . . . and how teachers can share with their students! Easy and free solutions will be shared as well as practical ideas for using screencasting as an administrator.
- 3-2-1-Action! Screencasting Tools
- Presenter Director of Professional Development 972-275-9251 email@example.com @diben Diana Benner @diben @tcea TWEET It!
- Have you ever felt like you needed to clone yourself?
- Goals Understand what screencasting is Identify useful screencasting tools Discuss the process for creating screencasts Examine ways in which screencasts can be used
- Session Resources http://goo.gl/g7ExzZ
- Todays Meet Todays Meet https://todaysmeet.com/screencast 1. Introduce Yourself Name, Position, Campus 2. What is your knowledge of screencasting?
- About Screencasting
- What is Screencasting?
- Why Screencast?
- Administrator Uses 1. Share information with parents 2. Flip faculty meetings 3. Explain a concept 4. Give school updates Screencasting isnt just for teachers
- Share Information with Parents http://youtu.be/z2fjqLbYAS0
- Flip Faculty Meetings http://youtu.be/htrzLus4Qhc
- Flip Faculty Meetings Cont http://youtu.be/k3NDTlCfHqw
- Monthly Principal Update http://youtu.be/YN0eQYWFriI
- Explain a Concept http://goo.gl/6uSVS2
- Why Administrators Should Screencast 1. Model technology use for teachers 2. Engage your audience while teaching a concept 3. Demonstrate value and show support of technology
- Teacher Uses 1. Flip your classroom - Create content videos for your students. 2. Demonstrate how to complete homework 3. Create training videos for your staff or students 4. Explain to your sub what the students are to do for the day 5. Introduce material if you are out for a substitute 6. Make screencasts of your students presentations
- Flip Your Classroom (Create content videos for your students) http://youtube/JTqt0IB2cjE
- Training Videos http://www.mrwrightsclass.com/2013/09/24/my-math-online-tour/
- Give Feedback http://screencast.com/t/bVOxn6ybaUKU
- Substitute Plans
- Screencast Student Work http://digitaldollar.edublogs.org/2010/03/08/screencasts-turn-students-into-digital-teachers/
- Student Uses 1. Show understanding or teach others 2. Show off work 3. Illustrate concepts or solve problems 4. Voice-over images or videos to tell a story
- Show Understanding/Teach Others http://youtu.be/3LAjKMXy_-8
- Show Off Student Work http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c61XbyiU8
- More Examples Teachers creating screencasts Screencast instructional design process DIY screencasting task list iPad or desktop screencasting practice Screencasting in elementary math stations Teacher feedback using screencasts Research: Learning through screencasts Screencasts for educators and students Talking with students via screencasting TechSmith SnagIt tutorial for teachers Digital differentiation with screencasting Students creating screencasts Screencasting lesson plan Amanda's Tech Tool Site lesson Screencasting 101 Screencasting for educators (Schrock) Screencasting for a visual analysis assessment http://www.schrockguide.net/screencasting.html
- Screencasting Tools
- Jing Free Download the software to your computer Record up to 5 minutes Upload to screencast.com or download your video Captures still images and video Videos are saved in .SWF (Shockwave Flash) format http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
- Screencast-O-Matic Free Download or record directly from the site Record up to 15 minutes Allows web cam picture in recording Videos are saved in .MP4, .FLV, or .AVI format or upload to YouTube http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
- Screenr Free Record directly from the site Record up to 5 minutes Log in with your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or other Social Network logins Videos can be downloaded in .MP4 format or upload to YouTube Embed code is also provided http://www.screenr.com/
- CamStudio Free Open-source Installs on Windows computers only Recordings are saved as .avi or .swf Site: http://camstudio.org/
- Snag It Not free Educational pricing available Capture great looking images and videos with just a few clicks Easily customize your screen captures with effects Show off what's important with the available markup tools http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html
- Camtasia Not free Educational pricing available Record on-screen activity, lessons,or presentations Import media and edit your recordings Add quizzes and interactivity http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html
- Adobe Captivate Not free Educational pricing available Sophisticated software for creating elearning Contains voice and quiz options Publishing content to mobile devices http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html
- iPad Apps Educreations Download this app to your iPad to easily create screencasts from your device. Share your lesson via email to get the URL to share with your students. You can also embed your lesson on your blog or website. Cost: Free Site: http://goo.gl/OXqPZ Screen Chomp No accounts to keep track of. Students create their video and get a shortened URL to share with others. Students can also download their work as an mp4 file which can then be embedded in a teacher webpage, shared via Edmodo, etc. Cost: Free Site: http://goo.gl/lSjrg1
- iPad Apps Explain Everything Have your students demonstrate mastery of concepts by creating screencasts using this app. Easy to use and allows students to record their screen as well as their voice. Cost: $2.99 Site: http://goo.gl/Ntz3gi Show Me Turn your iPad into your personal interactive whiteboard! ShowMe allows you to record voice-over whiteboard tutorials and share them online. Its an amazingly simple app Cost: Free Site: http://goo.gl/QSBcz
- Android Apps Screencasting and screen recording apps for Android AirDroid (mirror) Antimony Explain Everything $ Lensoo Create Screencast Video Rec UTGreat ZScreen Recorder
- How to Screencast
- Screencasting Challenge Todays Meet https://todaysmeet.com/screencast 1. Create an informational screencast that you can share with your teachers 2. Keep it short (1-3 minutes) 3. Record your screencast and share it Learn Today, Use Tomorrow
- Now What? Share: Twitter - @diben or @tcea Todays Meet https://todaysmeet.com/screencast What will you take back to your campus after this session and how will it be used to improve the education of all students?
- Session Resources 1. Screencasting Links and Resources http://www.mrwrightsclass.com/presentations/screencasting-links-and-resources/ 2. Kathy Schrocks Guide http://www.schrockguide.net/screencasting.html 3. Redefining Learning through Screencasting http://www.edutopia.org/blog/redefining-learning-through-screencasting-beth-holland 4. Screencasting Turns Students into Digital Learners http://www.edutopia.org/blog/redefining-learning-through-screencasting-beth-holland 5. Screencasting Edcademy https://sites.google.com/a/apps.edina.k12.mn.us/techresourcesforteachers/screencastin g--eacademy 6. Screencasting in the Classroom http://eduscreencasting.wikispaces.com/ 7. Screencasting in your Classroom htt
View more >