3-d printing · pdf file 2016. 5. 3. · history of 3d printing 2m 2. introducing 3d...
Post on 11-Oct-2020
Embed Size (px)
Mount Prospect Community
● Population 54,777 ● NW Suburb ● Circ just under 1 million ● 13 schools with multiple school districts ● All districts have 3-D Printer and offer some
CAD programming. Limited access and dependent schedules.
❏ Does our community want access? ❏ Does this fit with our culture of our Library? ❏ Alternatives to no dedicated space. ❏ Work with staff already in place.
There is something unique about making
physical things. These things are like little
pieces of us and seem to embody portions
of our souls. (Maker Movement Manifesto, Mark Hatch)
Number of Programs Overall Attendance
Dremel Idea Builder (First Generation)
Web Submission Form
● Submissions limited to MP patrons
● Patrons under 18 must have parent’s
● Cost is a base rate of $1 plus 10¢ per
● Size and time restriction
● Printed by staff
● We will not edit designs to ensure
● We will not print illegal, inappropriate,
potentially dangerous items or those
items that violate copyright laws.
3-D Design Resources
Pre-plan a design
Create your own design!
Know the strengths of different CAD programs.
Free .stl files are great, but...
Note: Some free designs may not print properly. It is recommended that you inspect them in a CAD software before submitting.
Some things just won’t print!
Embrace the fails!
Future is bright!