5 Career Suicide Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
out of 16
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDo you know that you could be sabotaging your career advancement right now without knowing it? Find out how to avoid these little-known career suicide mistakes and use the strategies I show you here to propel your career forward.
- 5 Career Suicide Mistakes AND HOW TO AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS Farnoosh Brock President & Founder at Prolific Living Inc.
- By the end of this training, you will Know the 5 career suicide mistakes. Understand solution for each mistake. Apply 1-3 powerful tips to get unstuck. Learn how to get promoted & get the money you deserve.
- My corporate career story 11 year career in a Fortune 100. Recovered from her career suicide mistakes. Result: 2x salary, 3x bonus $, workload, global travel + flexibility. Passionate to help you to build your career, not sabotage it.
- Mistake #1: Neglect your relationship with your boss
- Develop your relationship with your boss 1. Hold regular open 1:1 conversations 2. Know whats important to the boss & support his agenda. 3. Always speak highly of the boss.
- Mistake #2: Let your hard work speak for itself
- Stand up and speak for your hard work 1. Know the difference: arrogance vs. confidence. 2. Regularly share on-going list of your top 5 accomplishments 3. Speak more to what you achieved, not what you did.
- Mistake #3: Mis-manage your reputation
- Own and protect your reputation 1. Never, ever, engage in gossip. 2. Be a cheerleader for your company. 3. Set any rumors straight ASAP.
- Mistake #4: Have a small or no circle of influence
- Grow your circle of influence daily 1. Network with people outside your immediate circle. 2. Secure a leader as your mentor or better yet, godfather 3. Seek & ask for high-visibility projects.
- Mistake #5: Resist investing in your own education
- Willingly and gladly invest in yourself 1. Take one training per month. 2. Learn the skill that pays & transfers. 3. Make the investment pay for itself.
- Recap: The mistakes again please? 1. Neglect your relationship with your boss 2. Let your hard work speak for itself. 3. Mis-manage your reputation. 4. Have a small or no circle of influence. 5. Resist investing in your own education.
- Want to Get Promoted & Move Up? Been overlooked for a real raise? Been made an empty promise of a promotion? Sick & tired of it yet? Learn how its done: Get noticed, get promoted, and get the money you deserve at work: http://www.fasttrackpromotion.com
- Crack the Code to Get Promoted Learn proven techniques that top players use to get noticed and move up the ladder. Maybe its time you changed your strategy for getting ahead? (Hint: working hard is not the way!): www.fasttrackpromotion.com
View more >