5 unexpected ways to get your creativity unstuck
out of 11
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGetting your creativity unstack can be difficult. Every now and then even the most creative minds experience the creative block. Danielle Krysa, a Vancouver-based artist conducted 50 interviews with creatives from all over the world to discover the simple and often unexpected ways to unlock your creative flow. We have selected 5 that appeal to us the most and that anyone can do just to have that more creative approach at work or at home.
- 1. Unexpected Waysto Get Your Creativity Unstuck 5 CREATIVITY POWERED BY AUSTRALIA
- 2. Getting your creativity unstack can be difficult. Every now and then even the most creative minds experience the creative block. Danielle Krysa, a Vancouver-based artist conducted 50 interviews with creatives from all over the world to discover the simple and often unexpected ways to unlock your creative flow. We have selected 5 that appeal to us the most and that anyone can do just to have that more creative approach at work or at home. 5 Unexpected Ways To Get Your Creativity Unstuck
- 3. Draw One Object In Many Ways #1 Pick an interesting object and, in one sitting, draw/paint/represent it in a minimum of a hundred completely different ways. Take ring. It can be a wedding ring, a sun, the moon, the ring around Saturn, it can be an umbrella. Just use your imagination.
- 4. Catalog Your Medicine Cabinet #2No, dont write things down! Just make a catalog that uses all possible forms. Draw it, paint it, sing it, sculpt it, photograph, or collage everything you have, and then make a poster or small book about the objects. It can be also you given kitchen unit or a fridge. Just dont keep it open for too long.
- 5. Use A Cropping Tool To Find New Compositions #3Take any picture you like it can be yours or not and use crop tool (google plus, Facebook, Instagram or many other tools allow this) and crop it to create a totally unexpected composition. Do not be afraid to break the rules. My favourite recent cropping is cropping selfies so that they become unselfies.
- 6. Give Any Given Object A New Life #4I really love this one you just take any simple object (like my favourite paperclip) and put it on a plain paper. Look at it and start drawing around it. You will see how easily this object will become a trumpet, tank or anything your vivid imagination creates. Remember no boundaries, no stress. And please do not tell me, you cannot draw! YOU CAN!
- 7. Get Bored! Like Really Bored! #5Most parents would agree that when their kids get bored, they get creative. Sometimes to creative. The truth is that sometimes our mind needs to get bored to start wandering around looking for ways to play and fool around. Its a good idea to literally get rid of all stimuli and relax your body and mind. Try to do nothing. It is not that simple!
- 8. Those were just a few ideas on how to get your creativity unstuck. The more you play around, the better. and remember never ever to think that what you do to unstuck your creativity is stupid. It is not! It sometimes is worth to let down your guard and be a child again. 5 Unexpected Ways To Get Your Creativity Unstuck your spresso guy Peter
- 9. 5 unexpected ways to get your creativity unstuck Those were To make sure you dont miss the next post in our series on presentation, slides design, creativity and much more simply sign up to our newsletter to get updates and hot tips straight to your mailbox. And do not worry we only send good stuff to our friends. We do not spam! We hate that, too. sign up to newsletter CREATIVITY POWERED BY AUSTRALIA
- 10. How about great espresso at your home? Sign up on our website and be the first to taste organic Nespresso* compatible coffee capsules. Sign up today and claim great offers** CLICK TO CLAIM YOUR OFFER TODAY * The brand is not owned by Caff Vergnano SpA or its associated companies. ** Promotion available in Australia only
- 11. Photo Credit: r.f.m II via Compfight cc Photo Credit: Tom Raftery via Compfight cc Photo Credits
View more >