5.0 module 5 invention workbook
Post on 24-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis invention workbook is designed to bring out the creativity in a child. Here, Uncle Bugs have place a simple method where a child is guided to bring that out. By using this workbook a child will be able to think of a way to solve certain problems and hence giving birth to the new creation of an invention.
- 1. InventionWorkbook Module 5Exercise All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009
- This invention workbook is designed to bring out the creativity in a child.
- Here, Uncle Bugs have place a simple method where a child is guided to bring that out.
- By using this workbook a child will be able to think of a way to solve certain problems and hence giving birth to the new creation of an invention.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 3. Invention Workbook
- This book allows the child to turn that conceptual idea and express it by sketching them on this workbook.
- Here the child will also explain how his new gadget works and the advantage found in it.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 4. Boundless Ideas
- Children have boundless ideas and this book allow them to stretch their imagination far and wide.
- It is a good workbook to allow them to practice their creative thinking skill.
- It also will inculcate science and technology.
- And this is the first step your child takes to becoming a scientist.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 5. Things to Follow
- This book consists of 12 title of inventions.
- It is advisable to let your child to practice this workbook and come up with one invention a month.
- Please give enough time for the child to develop his idea.
- Do not put pressure. Idea comes when child is relax (not under stress).
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 6. Thinking Process
- Here in this workbook, the author has listed down at least 5 common problems faced in each theme.
- We assure you that you can identify at least 5 problems in each title.
- And it is recommended that the teacher and parent spent 15 to 30 minutes discussing such problems in each theme.
- Let the child fully understand the problem faced.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 7. Creating a New Invention
- At least 5 ways the child can over come such problems in the Hint column.
- And you can be sure that there are more than 5 ways (solutions) you can think off to tackle such problems.
- At this juncture, just after discussing the problem faced, the child will begin to give it some thoughts.
- And this is where their imagination and creativity flows.
- Teachers and parents are advised to leave the child to do the thinking alone.
- However, teacher and parent should be, nearby them, so to make yourself available to answer any doubts or questions should there be any.
- Teachers and parents are also advised not to interfere or make any comment unless they are being asked by the child.
- You do not want to hinder the flow of their thoughts.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 8. Sketching
- Sketches should be done in pencil so errors can be easily erased. Teachers and parents can help to do such sketches but must be drawn as in accordance to the childs descriptions
- All functions on the gadget sketched here must be mentioned (labeled) by using arrow pointing towards that particular spot. Explained briefly its function and usage.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 9. How it works and Advantages
- The child should express their imagination and explained how their new creation worked.
- The child should also explained the advantages of such new inventions. How to use it, where its used, who used it and etc.,
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 10. Advise to Teachers & parents
- Teachers and Parents may note that some of the invention created by the children may not be logical.
- It may not be possible to manufacture (produce) them.
- Here, the author would like to stress that this Invention Workbook is not a strict exercise for logical code.
- Here, the child is asked to stretch their imaginations.
- The child is asked to think out of the box.
- Teachers and parents are advised not to criticize or correct their views at this stage.
- Freedom must be given for them to express their creativity.
- With the help of the teachers and parents and over much practice, time and interest, the child will slowly worked towards the perfection of his creation.
All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 11. 3 Important Tips
- Teachers and parents should encourage the child to invent things that are :-
- 1.Useful for mankind. The gadget he creates should enrich human lives.
- 2.Environmentally friendly. Their invention should benefit mother- nature and makes this world a safer and better place to live.
- 3.The gadget should have some creativity . There should be some inventive step taken place.
See note attached 5.1 All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009 12. Samples All rights reserved Uncle Bugs 2009