Activities/Them Web viewTHEME: Around the World. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. Community…
Post on 08-Jun-2018
THEME: Around the World
How do you think Halloween began?
COMMUNITY SNACK QUESTIONS
How do you celebrate Halloween?
Group Game/Physical activity
Protect the Harvest *
Night of the Day of the Dead *
Communicate without Words *
Humans vs. Zombies *
Make a birdfeeder *
Bob for Apples
Day of the Dead Printable
Floating Lantern *
Paper Bag Monster Puppet *
EXTRA ER ACTIVITY
Bat Dot to Dot
Protect the Harvest-
Night of the Day of the Dead-
Communicate without Words- Give each student a plain sheet of paper, then tell them to close their eyes and follow directions, no questions allowed!
The directions are: The first thing I want you to do is to fold your sheet of paper in half. Now tear off the upper right hand corner. Fold it in half again and tear off the upper left hand corner of the sheet. Fold it in half again. Now tear off the lower right hand corner of the sheet.
Complete the directions with your paper as well and pause in between steps to give students time. After the instructions are complete, have students open their eyes to see that everyones paper looks slightly different and discuss why the directions were difficult to follow.
Using orange paper,
1. Cut a 1-inch wide strip off of one long side (set this strip aside).
2. Fold the paper in half lengthwise
3. Draw a horizontal line one inch from the long edge on the opposite side of the fold.
4. Starting from folded edge, cut a straight line from the bottom up to the line. Continue cutting about 1-inch strips until you reach the end.
5. Unfold the paper and erase the cutting guideline or flip the paper inside out.
6. Draw a face on your jack-o-lantern.
7. Form the paper into a tube and tape or staple the edges to form a circle. Glue the strip from step 1 to create a handle.
Humans vs. Zombies- All players begin as humans, except for one chosen to be the Original Zombie. Their goal is to tag the humans and turn them into more zombies. Humans avoid being tagged an turning into a zombie.
Paper Bag Monster Puppet- Use a paper lunch bag and art supplies such as yarn, markers or crayons, googly eyes, glue, and more for students to create monster puppets.
Make a birdfeeder- Cover an object in peanut butter, roll it in bird seed, and tie a pipe cleaner or a piece of string to use as a hanger. Good objects include: pinecones, a piece of bread, empty toilet paper roles, and more!