adlandpro coffee lovers slide share
out of 42
Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA tribute to all coffee lovers and to those wonderful people at Adlandpro
- The Coffee Lovers SlideShare
- Dear Coffee, You know how much I love you. Your color, your taste, your mind-enhancing chemicals. It seems as though my day is not complete without you. How did I ever exist before you? Even just smelling your distinguished aromas from another room is enough to make me want you. Badly. Thank you for being so delicious. Although at the beginning of our relationship I admit you had to share room with both cream and sugar, I knew you'd understand. See how much I've come to love you that I now appreciate your naked nuances? Oh, coffee. Please don't tell your sister, Decaf, but I find her to be so inferior in every way, that I cannot stand to watch others consume her. I love you, coffee, and only you. Until tomorrow morning, my love. Forever Yours, Patricia via pmrogosich
- Did you know?
- Johan Sebastian Bach wrote an opera about a woman who was addicted to coffee?
- source: Trojan Room coffee pot The first webcam was invented at The University of Cambridge to let people know if the coffee pot was full or not.
- The two kinds of beans are Arabica and Robusta. The have different tastes and different caffeine content; Arabica beans are more popular around the world. In fact, 70% of coffee drank on earth is Arabica. Robusta beans grow in different climates and are found largely in Africa and Indonesia. Although most people prefer the taste of Arabica, Robusta has it's fans, and Robusta beans have twice as much caffeine as Arabica! via 20 Awesome Facts About Coffee
- Hawaii is the only state that commercially grows coffee!
- There is a Kona Coffee Living History farm - a 5.5 acre historic coffee farm first homesteaded in 1900 and is the only living history coffee farm in the nation. It brings the coffee pioneers story to life by depicting the daily lives of early Japanese immigrants during the period of 1920- 1945. via Kona Coffee Living History Farm
- Three out of five people say I need a cup of coffee to start my day
- If one ordinary cup of coffee is not enough to start your day, then you can always go for the worlds largest coffee cup It stands 6.5 inches tall and 10 inches wide. the weight ( without coffee?) a whopping 10 pounds and holds a mere 20 cups of coffee ( Of course, thats only 19 cups if you leave room for cream, the manufacturers description says)
- Creative Ways to Use coffee!
- You can use coffee to fix furniture! Is that small crack, nick, or gouge all you can see each time you look at your dark wood dresser? Reach for the instant coffee. Mix 2-3 tablespoons with just enough water to make a thick paste; for wood with red tones, add a few drops of iodine. Put the paste on a small putty knife or a disposable plastic knife and use it to fill the crack. Remove any excess around the edges with a barely damp cloth. Let the paste dry completely, then buff with furniture wax.
- Coffee can be used to trap cockroaches! Using coffee grounds to create a non-toxic, very effective roach trap: 1. Place fresh, used coffee grounds in open glass jar. 2. Add a few inches of warm water; mix. 3. Add a strip of duct or masking tape down the side of the jar, vertically (so the roach can climb into the jar). 4. Place jar overnight in roachs favorite hang out (kitchen, bathroom, etc.). Cockroaches love the smell of coffee grounds. They will climb into the jar and drown in the water
- Coffee can be used in your garden! Coffee grounds fit the standards set by gardeners for compost materials. The grounds, when mixed with soil, release nutrients that make the ground richer and more acidic. Plants that flourish in acidic soil will be healthier since they can get the needed nourishment from the ground. If you have a good supply of coffee grounds, just spread them evenly in your garden. Your plants will reward you by producing robust blooms.
- Coffee can be used as a Pet Repellant! As much as we may love cats or dogs, they can be real pests when they are always digging up your flowerbed! Used coffee grounds can be mixed with orange peels (or other citrus) and spread around flowerbeds for an inexpensive pet deterrent.
- Make homemade tattoos using Coffee ( and Henna) I dont know about you, but kids love tattoos ( and so do adults!) This is the perfect recipe that is safe for everyone. It washes off in about a week and yay it is totally pain free! 1 cup water 2 teaspoons of coffee (black tea works, too) 3 teaspoons of sifted henna powder 1 teaspoon of eucalyptus oil What youll do: 1: Boil the water. Add 2 teaspoons of coffee to boiling water. Let it rest for a few hours, then use a strainer to remove coffee grounds. Put henna powder and eucalyptus oil in another bowl. Don't mix it! 2: Add coffee to bowl of henna and oil. For best results, transfer the coffee in spoonfuls. Instead of mixing ingredients together, press liquid into powder and oil with spoon. 3: Let paint set for at least six hours, and no more than twelve. You want the henna dye to have the consistency of toothpaste. 4: Use toothpicks and go crazy with cool patterns. Try applying to your feet, hands and even stomach. Have fun!
- Interesting Historical Coffee Quotes and thoughts
- "It is disgusting to notice the increase in the quantity of coffee used by my subjects, and the amount of money that goes out of the country as a consequence. Everybody is using coffee; this must be prevented. His Majesty was brought up on beer, and so were both his ancestors and officers. Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee- drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war." ~ Frederick the Great of Prussia (1777)
- "A PROCLAMATION FOR THE SUPPRESSION OF COFFEE HOUSES: Whereas it is most apparent that the multitude of Coffee Houses of late years set up and kept within this Kingdom...and the great resort of idle and disaffected persons to them, have produced very evil and dangerous effects; as well for that many tradesmen and others, do herein misspend much of their time, which might and probably would be employed in and about their Lawful Calling and Affairs; but also for that in such houses...divers, false, malitious, and scandalous reports are devised and spread abroad to the Defamation of His Majesty's Government, and to the disturbance of the Peace and Quiet of the Realm; his Majesty hath though it fit and necessary, that the said Coffee Houses be (for the Future) put down and suppressed..." ~ King Charles II of England, December 23, 1675 This rule was revoked on January 8, due to widespread citizen protest.
- Coffee: Induces wit. Good only if it comes through Havre. After a big dinner party it is taken standing up. Take it without sugar -- very swank: gives the impression you have lived in the East." ~ Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)
- "Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water." ~ The Women's Petition Against Coffee (1674)
- Coffee Quotes to make you smile
- Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee !! Without coffee breaks, there will be no accomplishments! WIth enough coffee, I could rule the world. If youll excuse me a minute, Im going to have a cup of coffee. No questions until Ive had my second cup of coffee! I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. I would stop drinking coffee but I am no quitter!
- Coffee. Creative lighter fluid. ~Floyd Maxwell I would rather suffer with coffee than be senseless. ~Napoleon Bonaparte If it werent for the coffee, Id have no identifiable personality whatsoever. ~David Letterman Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. ~Star Trek: Voyager Actually, this seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis a good hot cup of coffee. ~Alexander King
- Funny Coffee Images
- All I Need to Know About Life I Learned from Drinking Coffee I am productive! I am productive! I am productive! Better latte than never. A day without coffee is like night...you sleep through it. We all have to do the daily grind. Espresso yourself. Automatic drip defines most people's personalities. Stand your grounds. If the spoon doesn't dissolve, it isn't coffee. I lo
View more >