Embed Size (px)
CASE Tools Lab
Submitted byName: Ajit kumar ray
Register No. :1102405
Master of Computer Application – IV-Semester
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
(A Central University)
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Certified that thebonafide record of work done by Ajit kumar ray(Register No. : 1102405) of M.C.A in IV semester, during the year Dec 2011 to Apr2012.
Submitted for the practical examination held on ____________ at the Department of Computer Science, Pondicherry University.
External Examiner Internal Examiner
CASE Tools Lab
Sl.No Date Contents Page. No Sign
1ONLINE EXAMINATION SYSTEM
2 LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 12-17
3 INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM 18-23
4 TOURIST INFORMATION SYSTEM 24-30
5 E-LEARNING SYSTEM 31-39
6 BANKING SYSTEM 40-55
1. ONLINE EXAMINATION SYSTEM DATE:-19-12-2011
To develop a software application that supports the application to create and conduct
online examination system. This system works two ways one is to conduct test and two to
create new tests to take up.
This online examination system is focused on the school students to test their
knowledge in their respective papers. They come to this system to take up test of different
durations and of different levels.
Online examination system will allow the user to create new test questions, to
modify old ones, to take up the test, to view the results. This system has unique login facility
to differentiate the users. And also has admin privilege for examiners who conduct the tests.
The tests that r created can be taken up by many number of students at a time.
And once they complete the test they can view the results as well as a report from the
examiner. The user details, exam details, questions, and test results are stored in the database
which can be viewed whenever needed.
There are two levels of users for this system one is the Examiner & the Student who
take up the online tests. Both the users are given with different set of functionalities with
respect to the system.
Functionalities of the Examiner:
Personalized system access (logging) Exams managing (adding, editing, removing, creating criteria for each grade) Questions managing(adding, editing, removing, subscribing to categories, creating,
editing and removing categories) Viewing test results (all students together or individual students) Students managing (adding, editing and deleting student’s data).
Functionalities of the Student:
Personalized system access (logging) Running tests from activated exams View personal results, after end of exam
These are the functionalities given to the users of this examination system. They will be able to
login, manage exams, manage questions, view test results, manage students, take up the tests
and view the results. These are the modules which have been placed in this online examination
USE CASE DIAGRAM:
STATE CHART DIAGRAM:
2. LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM DATE:-23- 01-2012
“LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” gives us the complete information about
the library. It deals with the transaction happenings in Library in an organization/institute.
We can enter the record of new books and retrieve the details of books available in the
library. We can issue the books to the students and maintain their records and can also check
how many books are issued and stock available in the library. In this system we can maintain
the fine amount for students who return the issued books after the due date.
The Library Management System is designed & developed for a receipt and issuance of
books in the library along with the student’s details. The books received in the library are
entered in Books Entry form and the new student is entered in the student entry form. When
the student wants to get the desired book the same is issued on the availability basis to the
student. The issuance and due date for the returning of the book is also entered into the Book
Issue form under third menu Book Issue. The student has to pay the fine if any on the basis of
no. of days delayed deposit of the book in the library. The Books and Students are given a
particular unique id no. So that they can be accessed correctly and without errors. The main
aim of the system is to get the correct information about a particular student and books
available in the library.
The “LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” process is made computerized to
reduce human errors and to increase the efficiency. The computerization of the Library
Management will not only improves the efficiency but will also reduce human stress thereby
indirectly improving human. The main focus of this project is to lessen human efforts. The
maintenance of the records is made efficient, as all the records are stored in the database,
through which data can be retrieved easily. If the numbers of records are very large then user
has to just type in the search string and user gets the results immediately. The editing is also
made simpler. The user has to just type in the required field and can update the desired field.
USE CASE DIAGRAM:
STAE CHART DIAGRAM:
3. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM DATE:--06-02-2012
Inventory management system provides information to effectively manage the flow of materials, effectively utilise people and equipment, co-ordinate the internal activities and communicate with customers. Inventory management system does not make decisions or manage operations; they provide information to the managers who make more accurate and timely decision to manage their operation.
It is mainly concerned with minimising the total cost of inventory. The three main factors in inventory control decision making process are
1. The cost of holding the stock (e.g., based on interest rate)2. The cost of placing an order (e.g., for row material stocks) or set-up cost of production.3. The cost of shortage, i.e., what is lost if the stock is insufficient to meet all demands.
The third element is the most difficult to measure and is often handled by establishing a “service level” policy, e.g., certain percentage of demand will be met from stock without delay.
Inventory management system must tie together the following operations or objectives to ensure that there is continuity between functions.
1. Company’s strategic goals.2. Sales forecasting.3. Sales and operations planning.4. Productions and materials requirement planning.
The system is designed to meet the dictates of market place and support the company’s strategic plans. The changes in the market demand. New opportunities due to worldwide marketing, global sourcing of materials and new manufacturing technology means many companies need to change their inventory management approach and change the process for inventory control. Successful inventory management involves balancing the costs of inventory with the benefits of inventory.
USE CASE DIAGRAM:
STATE CHART DIAGRAM:
4. TOURIST INFORMATION SYSTEM DATE:-20-02-2012
Although there are many form of assistance provided to the tourists like information and guides to particular interesting locations it is sometimes difficult for them to use guides as they have to check for the required information. At the same time they must look through the pamphlets or ask local people for information. This can be time consuming and burdensome for tourists who actually come to have an enjoyable time. Therefore tourist will find it difficult to get information about the interesting places as well as other information such as available transportation, accommodation and other services. To resolve all those problems Tourist information system was developed to provide information single handily. This system helps to cater all the needs of the tourists.
Functional requirements for tourists;
1. Tourists will be able to view an overview about the selected places. They can also view different information about the users.
2. Tourists will be able to view the nearest station by identifying the city name. They can also view the station name and the time schedule for the places.
3. They can also search information about the hotels available. The proposed application will provide the tourist with the appropriate information about the selected hotels located in the place.
Functional requirements for admin:
1. The proposed model will provide the admin of the application with his or her username and password to login the application. The admin must insert the correct username and password for login.
2. This system will support the admin for managing the city details, add city and edit city details. The admin must successfully login into the application by using his or her username and password.
3. This system will support the admin for managing the details of other services (place details, transportation details, accommodation details and restaurant details) add details and edit details. The admin must successfully login into the application by using his or her username and password.
USE CASE DIAGRAMS:
5. E-LEARNING SYSTEM DATE:-05-03-2012
Technology is continuously changing and organisations are introducing new
technologies and new processes to improve productivity, profitability to stay competitive.
There is a need for major paradigm shift in Education sector which would not happen with
small incremental and unrelated changes here and there. We need to implement the traditional
systems of education with innovative and flexible systems using current technology, capable
of providing quality education to large target group of learners to suit their requirements and
expectations. So a system called e-learning was introduced. E- Learning is called as
“pedagogy empowered by digital technology’. In addition to class room lectures and library
access alternate methods should be thought of for students to get appropriate resources.
Characteristics of e-learning system;
3. Ease of use
Learning Community Participation
• Every course and class includes real time chat room and structured offline forums,
providing interactive learning through shared ideas and discussions.
• Administrator can also create public and learning community related discussion forums
• Records course learning time for learners including total learning time, single course
learning time, single course chapter learning time and testing time
• Records learning progress for learners including learning summary for all courses and
learning progress for a single course
• Learner can inspect own learning record and test results while managers and instructors can
also query a learner’s learning records and results
• Support the importing and exporting of contents that adhere to such eLearning standards
• Intuitive creation process allows the content designer to easily create course materials
through a web interface by following system instructions
• Support multiple file formats like MS Office, HTML, Images, Adobe PDF, Video and
Audio, and Macromedia Flash
• Course contents can be published anytime for learners to view, or hidden for future usage.
Such contents may also be shared with other instructional designers
• Instructor can create and manage online courses, or provide support in the management of
• Instructor can set class times, eligible learner lists and maximum enrolment numbers for a
• Class management mechanism allows for creation of multiple classes within a course and
management of learners belonging to different classes
• Intelligent approval system that will automatically check learner id’s and complete
enrolments when learners enrol in a course. Relevant managers will be automatically notified
if manager approval is required
• Provide a waitlist function. When the maximum enrolment number of a course has been
reached, the system can place learners who wish to enrol in the course on a waitlist. If any of
the enrolled learners withdraw from the course, the learner on the waitlist will automatically
be enrolled in the course
• The pre - requisite course function. This function may require learners to first complete
courses that were set as pre-requisites of other courses before being allowed to enrol in such a
• Classroom course management functions include leave application, attendance
management, results management and external training management to assist enterprises in
integrating classroom and online training systems
• Classroom courses can be integrated with online testing mechanisms to create a blended
• Instructor can create curriculum online which may include any number of courses
• Instructor can set eligible learner list and maximum enrolment numbers for a curriculum
• Intelligent approval system that automatically checks learner ids and completes the
enrolment when learners enrol in a course. Relevant managers will be automatically notified
if manager approval is required for enrolment in such curriculum
• Provide a waitlist function. When the maximum number of enrolments is reached the
system can place extra learners who wish to enrol on the waitlist. If any of the enrolled
learners withdraw from the course a learner on the waitlist will automatically be enrolled
• A pre-requisite curriculum function. This function may require learners to first complete
subjects that are set as pre-requisites to relevant curricula before allowing them to enrol in
• An instructor may design tests or surveys according to requirements
• Provides a question bank function. Instructors may create any number of question banks,
which can then include questions of different difficulty levels. Tests can be created based on
settings such as the question difficulty level. Fixed or random question selections are
allowed. Question types include: Yes/No; multiple choice; and written answer questions.
Pictures and multimedia files can also be inserted into the question to enrich the question
• Includes comprehensive testing functions. An instructor may add multiple tests to a course.
The test contents may be automatically adjusted according to different difficulty levels. The
testing time and maximum re-test attempts can also be set Yes/No and multiple choice
questions can be automatically graded by the system while written answer questions can be
graded online by instructors who are notified by email
• Question bank can be repeatedly utilized by different courses and shared between
• Generates reports according to learning record or result evaluation
• Users may customize unique training analysis reports by extracting data from the database
• A user can design reports according to unique requirements to provide better visual analysis
of learning results
• System can automatically send email notifications to users when course publication, course
expiration, course approval, test results and other events occur
USE CASE DIAGRAM:
6. BANKING SYSTEM DATE:--12-03-2012
Bank is the place where customers feel the sense of safety for their property. In the
bank, customers deposit and withdraw their money. Transaction of money also is a part
where customer takes shelter of the bank. Now to keep the belief and trust of customers, there
is the positive need for management of the bank, which can handle all this with comfort and
ease. Smooth and efficient management affects the satisfaction of the customers and staff
members, indirectly. And of course, it encourages management committee in taking some
needed decision for future enhancement of the bank.
Now a days, managing a bank is tedious job up to certain limit. So software that
reduces the work is essential.To tackle all those problems bank management system was
Bank Management System is a system where all the tasks to manage the bank system
are performed easily and efficiently. It manages all the transactions like new account entry,
deposit as well as withdraw entry, transaction of money for various processes, loan entry,
managing bills cash or cheque, etc. It is an application for maintaining a person’s account in a
bank.The system provides access to the customers to create an account, deposit or withdraw
the cash from the account also to view the reports of all the accounts present.
The modules maintained are
1. Create file:This creates a new file for the user by accepting input such as account number,
name and account.
2. Open account:opens the new account for the user by accepting input such as account
number,name and minimum balance
3.Search:Enables to search for the details of the given account number. Displays only one
account detail at a time.
4.Deposit:Provides option to deposit amount from the given account number
5. Withdraw: provides option to withdraw amount from the given account number.
6.Cancel account: cancels the selected account from the bank
7.Report:Displays the list of all account details comprising of account number, name and
The main purpose of using online account transactions is to transfer cash from one
account to another for this purpose the customer is provided fields to specify the accounts to
which he is transferring amount. After every transaction a confirmation is displayed to
The customer is also provided the possibility to change the account login password, but not the
user id, every transaction is added to the bank database.