an easy way to create an online marketing plan
out of 17
Post on 02-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONLandau Design Reviews presents an easy formula for creating an online marketing plan. Just follow the 5 steps to figure out the optimum strategy for using social media to market your business.
- 1. Social Networking An opportunity to Be seen by others Share expertise Make unexpected contacts Landau Design Reviews
- 2. What is Social Networking? Simple definition: Interaction of individuals using online tools Features: Internet-based technologies Socially engaging (i.e. to develop relationships) User-generated content (participation vs. observation)
- 3. What top marketers say There is no one-size-fits-all solution for social media Social media has become a mainstream marketing tool. You must have a plan in order to be successful. Watch the trends. There are new opportunities all the time. Just like every other marketing tool, effort is required. It does not bring miraculous results overnight. Companies working as a team have greater success than employees working as individuals.
- 4. Why use social networking? Discover new leads, leaders and markets Promote and grow your online reputation Generate traffic for your website Keep in touch with clientele & provide customer service
- 5. Market Intelligence and Leads Consider how you use your own network Are you online or on your feet? What recommendations do you value? For what products or services? How much information do your clients need before acting? How social networking can assist Learn what your clients are thinking online (Landau Design Reviews) Make connections through your networks Discover your competitors strategies both in social media and product. Utilize industry online networking Create motivated prospects (warm leads) Social media reaches many people for the same effort.
- 6. Develop Online Reputation What do have to offer? Do you have interesting hobbies? Do you have things outside of business to offer? Are you published? Do you do workshops or public speaking? Do you mentor others or help in your community? Do you have materials created already? Helpful not promotional! What types of customers are your best clients? How social networking can assist Establish expert reputation on valued sites. Present your expertise in global conversations Gain eyeballs i.e. readers for your blog, website or other content. Social media gets the eyeball and the trust. You will get customers if you get the other two.
- 7. Build Website Traffic It is relatively easy to check using analytics tools. How social networking can assist Share part of the information on your website Links to your website with every post or connection Increased Google indexing Ideas to develop make a better site
- 8. Support Your Image Business Networking sites (LinkedIn, Plaxo, etc) Community sites (Facebook, Myspace, etc) Mini-blogging sites (Twitter, Tumblr, etc) Blogs Message Boards Bookmarking sites (Delicious, Stumbleupon, etc) Social News sites (Digg, Reddit, etc) Commenting on your site or other sites Media sharing (YouTube, Flickr, etc) Q&A Sites (Yahoo Answers, About, LinkedIn, etc) Information Aggregators (Wikipedia, etc.)
- 9. Most popular outlets Facebook- the 600 pound gorilla LinkedIn-business focus Blogging- topic focused; longer time per article. Video sharing sites- YouTube & Vimeo Twitter- QUICK! Online Message Boards- community, professional or recreational. They all have possibilities.
- 10. How to choose outlets? Determine how much time you have Determine your social networking goals Know your customers preferences Choose outlets based on time + goals + customers
- 11. Determine Goals Choose top 3 goals: a. Generate leads (probably the #1 reason) b. Learn industry news and competitive research c. Generate PR for your company d. Connect and interact with customers e. Share information to establish your expertise f. Generate SEO (search engine optimization) g. Bring traffic to your website and/or blog h. Just to see what its all about
- 12. Choose outlets by goal Outlet a b c d Twitter x x x x Facebook x Linked In Groups x Build LinkedIn connections x Industry message board x x g h x x x x x x x x Read other blogs f x Your own blog Guest blogging e x x x x x x x Comment on other blogs x Create and distribute articles x Utilize bookmarking sites to distribute content x x x Use Hubpages or Squidoo x Write press releases and distribute to free PR sites. x x Online Business Directories Free Webinars x x x x x x x
- 13. Determine time available Decide how much time you want to invest each day (Monday-Friday). ________ minutes Do you have any extra time to spend on weekends? _______ minutes Do you have employees, friends or fans that can help? If so, they must be consistent to make your plan work.
- 14. Consider time available Outlet < 15 minutes 15-30 minutes Twitter x x Facebook x x Linked In Groups X x Build LinkedIn connections x x Industry message board x 30-60 minutes 1-2 hours > 2 hours x x Your own blog x x x Guest blogging x x x x x x Use Hubpages or Squidoo x x X Write press releases and distribute to free PR sites. x x x x x x x x x Read other blogs x x x Comment on other blogs x x x Create and distribute articles Utilize bookmarking sites to distribute content Online Business Directories Free Webinars x x x
- 15. Create social media calendar Create a list of daily/weekly tasks Put them into your calendar Treat them like a real meeting Be consistent and follow through
- 16. More tips for success Integrate your social media sites with each other and your website. Keep it fun. Dont oversell. Dont reach for a connection. Believe in the system.
- 17. More questions? Please contact Bonnie Landau Landau Design Reviews email@example.com 805-640-1458
View more >
CardStudio Card Design Software and Easy Way to Create Great-Looking Cards Zebra CardStudio is an easy-to-learn, easy-to-operate card design and card issuance software suite
Create 3D Videos in VideoWave - The Easy Create 3D Videos in VideoWave â€“ The Easy Way VideoWave can
Don t make them think: create an easy-to-use website and catalog through user experience observation
Create your own membership club with easy social & payplans easy socialization of membership management!
Using AutoCollage 2008 Browsing Images - AutoCollage 2008 AutoCollage 2008 makes it easy to create an AutoCollage from a folder of Images. To create an AutoCollage: 1. Click on a
origami easy origami easy butterflies These butterflies are quick and easy to fold, and you can create