avatars in the working environment
Post on 19-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Avatars in the Working Environment
2. Avatar - Definition
- There are many definitions of the word avatar:
- An Avatar is Divinity taking a human form.
- Avatar is a character that you can personalize and use when interacting with friends online, creating your own unique persona.
- Thousands of real-world employees are beginning to use avatars as part of their regular jobs.
- There are many companies that have been using Avatars to deal with customers and internal matters:
- IBM, Accenture, Cisco, State Farm, Intel, BP and Wells Fargo.
4. Avatar Main Activities
- Employees are logging into virtual worlds and use avatars to:
- Brainstorm with colleagues,
- Recruit employees,
- Sell to customers,
- Attend leadership training,
- Manage programs, direct operation centers,
- And collaborate with company groups around the world.
5. Avatar - 2011
- The Gartner Group predicts that 80% of us will use an avatar at work by the end of 2011.
6. Avatar Benefits
- They're practical:
- It's easier, cheaper, greener, and healthier to meet people in a virtual world than it is to fly, drive and host a live meeting where people meet face to face.
- Document sharing and all forms of AV as well as tracking methods, create a richer, more interesting environment with contextual clues about who's interested and who's paying attention.
7. Avatar Benefits
- You can do things with avatars that you can't do in the real world:
- You can customize your avatar by picking your appearance, role, personality, size, gender and race; you can have total control over its movements.
- Puppeteering an avatar is a whole lot of fun.
8. Avatar Benefits
- People become more interested:
- As a result of this intensity, avatars create the emotional and social connections necessary for the most valuable business conversations.
9. Avatar Problems
- Using Avatars can offer some problems since it creates an imaginary world with characters that don't exist.
- It can develop an Internet Addiction Disorder with amajor impact on our mental health (obsession).
10. Avatar Problems
- It can interfere in our everyday life and decision-making when facing the real world.
- It can give up or reduce important family, social, occupational, or recreational activities in duration because the user can get out of his imaginary and fun world.
- Feeling of incapacity to deal with real life problems.
11. Avatar Conclusion
- The sense of engagement that avatars can create will be valuable as companies seek new ways to design work that is compelling and purposeful.
- Avatars generate a kind of fun that isn't the opposite of work it's a reason that people will engage their work.
12. Avatar Conclusion
- But we need to be always aware of the many differences betweenNeverlandand our Real World.
13. Lico Reis Consultoria& Lnguas Roberto Lico Reis www.licoreis.com [email_address] E-books: www.migre.me/oQ5 Linkedin: www.migre.me/1d9r Twitter: @licoreis