Bachelor of Arts in Photography: Assistive Technology Assistive Technology Assistive Technology for Photographers.
out of 19
Post on 21-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Bachelor of Arts in Photography: Assistive Technology Assistive Technology Assistive Technology for Photographers
- Slide 2
- Objectives Define assistive technology Discuss issues for photographers with disabilities Learn about disabled photographers and how they work Learn about the technologies disabled photographers use
- Slide 3
- Assistive Technology products can enable people with disabilities to accomplish daily living tasks, assist them in communication, education, work or recreation activities, in essence, help them achieve greater independence and enhance their quality of life. Assistive Technology devices can help improve physical or mental functioning, overcome a disorder or impairment, help prevent the worsening of a condition, strengthen a physical or mental weakness, help improve a person's capacity to learn, or even replace a missing limb. - www.rehabtool.com Assistive Technology Definition
- Slide 4
- Discussion In groups discuss what issues photographers with the following disabilities face? Blind Mobility Parkinson's Disease
- Slide 5
- Photographers with Mobility Disabilities Loren Worthington Wheelchair user Company manager Photographer Runs a website that photographs wheelchair athletes: http://wheelchairphotography.com/
- Slide 6
- Loren Worthington
- Slide 7
- Loren's Photography Kit Mount 'n Mover wheelchair mounting system Replaces a tripod Easy to position Custom memory locks Easily adjusts
- Slide 8
- Loren's Photography Kit 'Quad-pod' designed for able-bodied photographers Adapted by Loren Used as a knee pod Can hold the camera with one hand
- Slide 9
- Loren's Photography Kit Telestick Loren uses this to pick up batteries, lenses, etc from the floor
- Slide 10
- Mobility Assistive Technology Camera Switches hands-free camera shutter release switch used by skydivers to disabled Tongue switches are also available Developed by Conceptus Originally marketed at skydivers, now popular with disabled and able bodied photographers
- Slide 11
- Photographers with Parkinson's Disease Parkinson's Disease can make photography a challenge There are tools that can be used to assist the photographer
- Slide 12
- Photographers with Parkinson's Disease But some disabled photographers don't need much assistive technology to make art. These pictures were taken by Alan Babbit who was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. Tremor Enhanced Photography
- Slide 13
- Since the late 1960s, Ive been doing my own brand of fine art photography and its always been a great source of joy for me. Drop me almost anywhere theres nice light and I can happily get lost for hours in the visuals around me. That began to change when the movement disorder known as Parkinson's Disease (PD) arrived, like a loud, uninvited house guest who won't ever leave. First I got a hand tremor. Oh, great. Shakiness. Just what a photographer needs. Then, my photography muse, whod been with me for years, took off without leaving a forwarding address. The bitch! I soon lost interest in the whole thing. Rarely venturing out to shoot and bored with the results. Darkness filled my viewfinder. Then one night, on the Las Vegas Strip of all places, I began to see the light! And there, before me, appeared a new, improved muse, who leaned in and whispered, "Silly boy! Don't fight it - use it!" Doh! I began to let the tremor have its way as I clicked the shutter. From: http://www.abproductions.com/movement_disorder/movement_disorder_ss.html Alan Babbitt
- Slide 14
- Assistive Technology Many devices from the following manufacturers/researchers: ORCCA Technology, Inc Conceptus JOBY RERC
- Slide 15
- Visually Impaired Photographers a large LCD screen But can someone who is fully blind be a successful photographer?
- Slide 16
- Blind Photographers Use four other senses Imagination Learn photography basics Use the heat of the sun, smells, noises to base their shots i.e. the smell of a flower Done to express themselves, document their lives Share memories with others
- Slide 17
- Blind Photographers www.theblindphotographer.com http://current.com/items/88831039_blind-photographers.htm Watch how an award winning blind photographer manages with his disability
- Slide 18
- Blind Photographers Blind photographers rely on their senses and experiences to take photos, but some people also use technology to help them with their art. VoiceOver on iPhone and Mac can help with editing CameraBag does automatic editing vOICe app for phones analyses the light and plays different sounds depending on the brightness However, most blind photographers use their brain to form a mental composite image
- Slide 19
- Disabled photographers have the ability to become award winning and professional photographers. These individuals can use existing technology and adapt it to their needs Or they can use specially made assistive technology to practice their art Summary
View more >
Assistive Technology 101 - Center on Technology and ... ?· Assistive Technology 101 Republished with permission from the Family Center on Technology and Disability What Is Assistive Technology? Assistive technology is
Assistive Technology in the Classroom For Deaf and ?· Assistive Technology in the Classroom . For .…
Assistive Technology By: Katelyn Dunagan. Assistive Technology What is Assistive Technology? Assistive Technology (adaptive technology) as stated by the.
Expanding Outreach of Assistive Technology in ?· Expanding Outreach of Assistive Technology in Georgia…
Chapter 4 – Assistive Technology for Access to 4 – Assistive Technology for Access to Computers Assessing Students’ Needs for Assistive Technology (2009) 2 WATI Assistive Technology ...
Assistive Technology for Carpentry. Assistive Technology What is assistive technology? What kinds of assistive technology can be used for various disabilities?
Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities ?· Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities:…
Assistive Technology Checklist - hved.org Technology...Assistive Technology Checklist ... ACTIVITIES OF DAILY LIVING (ADLs) ... Microsoft Word - Assistive Technology Author:
Missouri Assistive ?· Web viewMissouri Assistive Technology 2014 ANNUAL REPORT Missouri Assistive Technology…
Minnesota Assistive Technology ?· Minnesota Assistive Technology Guidelines Minnesota Guidelines for the Consideration of Assistive Technology for Students with Disabilities .
Definition of Assistive of Assistive Technology Georgia Department of Education Division for Special Education Services and Supports Georgia Project for Assistive ... Assistive Technology Device Section 300.5 Assistive technology device. Any ...