Basic Rendering Techniques Product Design Sketching.
out of 13
Post on 19-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Basic Rendering Techniques Product Design Sketching
- Slide 2
- Basic Attributes of Colour A colour can be denoted by its HSB value, i.e. the 3 attributes: Hue (its location in a colour spectrum) Saturation (the intensity of colour pigment) Brightness (the intensity of light)
- Slide 3
- Saturation vs. Brightness saturation brightness
- Slide 4
- HSB Values You may use the colour picker of Adobe PhotoShop to identify the HSB values of your colour pencil Adjust hue and saturation Adjust brightness
- Slide 5
- Creating Different Tones Using Dry Media Three ways to create tones: 1.By intensity of pigment / strokes 2.By using different degrees of colour saturation 3.By using colours of different colour temperatures (hues)
- Slide 6
- Varying Intensities Greater stroke pressure represents shade Medium pressure represents mid-tone Lowest pressure represent highlight Best for light colours
- Slide 7
- Varying Saturations Reduce the saturation either by choosing a colour of a lower saturation value; or Using grey / black colour as a blending agent Best for natural colours
- Slide 8
- Varying Colour Temperatures Use a warmer hue (e.g. orange) than the midtone colour for highlights Use a cooler hue (e.g. blue or purple) for shades Best for vivid colours
- Slide 9
- Colour of an Object The color of an object being seen is determined by: Local colour (of the objects surface material) Ambient colour (of the light source) Reflected colour (from another objects nearby)
- Slide 10
- Light and Shades Identify different light zones and then create tonal values: 1.Highlight 2.Middle tone 3.Shade 4.Backlight (for curved surface)
- Slide 11
- Shades and Shadows Shade is the surface or area of a surface not facing the light source Shadow is the area of a surface blocked by other objects or by other parts of the same object
- Slide 12
- Casting Shadows 1.Use projection lines to simulate the light rays 2.Matching key points along the objects contours on the surface on which the object is placed 3.Define the edge of the shadows 4.Render with a cooler colour
- Slide 13
- Shading the Cube Product Design Sketching Activity
View more >
Architectural Sketching Techniques Pdf - Sketching Techniques Pdf ... get Architectural Rendering in Sepia pdf eBook copy write by good Architectural Sketching and Rendering: ...
The ENTREPRENUERS Next TM Ad Design Layout Techniques ... Basic Design Strategies ... Sketching Design Strategies ...
Product Design Sketching Course overview. Professional Diploma Series Product realization appreciation Product design sketching Product digital mockup.
Career & Technical Education Sketching 2.00 Explain and demonstrate basic sketching skills and techniques.