basics to losing or gaining weight
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPeople often ask "Is there a God?" Whoop there it is! I'm giving you this information for free, something that the fitness industry is not doing. To lose weight, you must manage your calorie intake and to gain weight you must increase your calorie intake. This is just to give you a basic understanding of how weight management works.
- HOW TO LOSE OR GAIN WEIGHT JUST THE BASICS OF DIETING By Franklin B. Williams II June 23rd 2014
- WELCOME! My name is Frank and I want to share my experience with dieting. If you need to lose weight or you know someone that needs to lose weight; pass this info around. Where major companies are trying to hide this info from you by making it complex for you to understand. Im going to give it to you in a way that you can understand.
- THE FIRST THING TO DO: REALIZING THE CAUSE What is the reason for you wanting to lose weight? Getting tired of people picking on you Health reasons You want to be around a long time for your family Getting tired of clothes shopping and not finding anything that fits you Tired of family/friends being ashamed of you Whatever the case may be, change is important to you now. I have created just the basics to give you an idea of how and why diets are NOT as complex as the fitness industry claim it to be. What if I was to tell you, I lose 14 lbs. in two weeks without exercising? Its true!
- A THEORY OF WHY OBESE HAPPENS Some of you may get mad at me but you need to hear it in its rawest form. Youre not going to take heed of it If give it to you sweet and simple. It starts within the household, obese is taught. Judging from experience, parents love to give their kids the very best in life including food. We dont want our kids to ever starve or to wonder where their next meal is coming from. This is what taught us to eat with no boundaries. There are people that actually think its ok to over-feed their kid(s) and look at it as cute. The results of this behavior is, as they become older they will become obese. Then when they reach adulthood, they will develop health issues. You would think adults know best, but if they themselves wasnt taught how to eat; what chances do that child have of being obese? Break the chain of FAILURE.
- GETTING STARTED: A MUST DO BEFORE STARTING This is the most important thing you can ever do in order to be successful at losing or gaining weight. This process is the Blueprint of diets across the world! You must know your weight and age to get your BMI. Get the following: Get your Body Mass Index (BMI) If you got the Android phone, go to Google Play and download MyFitnessPal If you have access to the web, go to www.myfitnesspal.com and Sign Up. Both app and website works independently. You dont need to have both, but it makes things totally easier if you did!
- HOW TO GET YOUR BMI MANUALLY Its fairly simple. The top part of the chart is a persons weight and the left-side is the height. Find your weight. Then follow your weight down to your height. That two digit number is your BMI. If your weight exceeds the chart, by maybe 100 lbs.; you can do one of two things. You can either follow the layout of the numbers until you reach your weight and height or you can get your BMI online. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessi ng/bmi/Index.html For Women
- HOW TO GET YOUR BMI MANUALLY Its fairly simple. The top part of the chart is a persons weight and the left-side is the height. Find your weight. Then follow your weight down to your height. That two digit number is your BMI. If your weight exceeds the chart, by maybe 100 lbs.; you can do one of two things. You can either follow the layout of the numbers until you reach your weight and height or you can get your BMI online. http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing /bmi/Index.html For Men
- NOW YOUR READ! THINGS YOU WILL NEED MEASURING TOOLS Its not that difficult to measure food because all the tools have markings on that match up with the Nutritional Facts label on foods. You will need to invest in the following items: Measuring Cups Measuring Spoons or Scoops A Food Scale (I got Digital) Remember K.I.S.S. acronym? (k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid. Your going to do just that. Dont go over thinking different measurements. If your unsure, research online and look for measurements conversion calculators or charts. The App and the website is in place?
- A LITTLE HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT I want you to make a list of the foods you eat daily. This includes breakfast lunch dinner and any junk foods. Now, you have to be totally honest with yourself after all, its for your best interest. I want you to setup your list like my list on the right. I want you to know how easy it is to go over your daily calorie intake thus causing you to become fat. The meal on the right is a meal I use to eat on my lunch breaks before I started this diet. You should know that these type of meals are dangerous to people with weight issues because the calories alone in this meal is considered to be 4 meals! On an average, your meals should only be 200 to 300 calories per meal. Name of Food Portion Cup, Cup, 1 Pc. Number of Calories KFC Chicken Breast 2 PC 450 KFC Chocolate Cake 1 Slice 345 KFC Drink 8 oz. 250 Evaluate Your Current Eating Habits Total: 1495 Calories
- PERSONAL ADVICE TO YOU WHEN IT COMES TO FAST FOODS, YOU HAVE TO RESEARCH YOUR FOOD CHOICE LOOKING FOR THE LOWEST CALORIE FOODS THAT ALLOWS YOU TO STAY WITHIN BUDGET. MYFITNESSPAL IS A GREAT RESOURCE FOR THAT. I WOULD EVEN TAKE IT ANOTHER STEP FURTHER, PLAN YOUR MEALS BEFORE YOU GO TO ANY OF THE FAST FOOD PLACES. DUNKIN DONUTS DAIRY QUEENS MCDONALDS ETC.
- AVOID SUGARS Its like a drug that you cant shake! If you start your morning off with a cup of coffee or cereal that involves regular sugar, chance are you will be extremely hungry throughout the day. Then stuff like KFC and others become attractive to you. WATCH THE VIDEO it will change your outlook about sugar in general. It will also raise questions of WHY did they put this on the market if it causes addictive like behavior and causes bad health.
- GETTING STARTED ON YOUR JOURNEY NUTRITIONAL FACTS LABEL USING THE WEB Get familiar with how to find the Nutritional facts on food products.
- HOME COOKING IS THE BEST SAMPLE MEAL SETUP You got more control over the foods you eat. Total Calories: 320
- CONTINUE 5 MEALS DAILY TIME FRAME WHY ITS IMPORTANT I followed this time frame faithfully because it kept me from getting extremely hungry. Snacks play a big role in this process. I was able to keep my snacks under 200 calories each. I ate stuff like: Green Tea and 2 Graham Cracker Sheets A bowl of Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat Low fat yogurt and etc. Then when it came to the meals, I ate between 300 and 500 calories depending on my daily calorie budget. THE BONUS SNACK: If for some reason I fell short of my daily calorie budget; I would eat something that would balance me out. Keep track of your calorie intake with MyFitnessPal smartphone app or the website. That is very important.
- BOOSTING YOUR METABOLISM WHAT IS METABOLISM It is the physical and chemical processes in the body that convert or use energy, such as: - Breathing - Circulating Blood - Controlling Body Temperature - Contracting Muscles - Digesting food and nutrients - Eliminating waste through urine and feces - Functioning of the brain and nerves THINGS YOU CAN DO IN ADDITION Eat and Do the following: (Use what God gave you, not man made.) 1. Building Muscle (A MUST DO and stay active) 2. Exercise Programs 3. Drink Plenty of H20/Water at least 8 glass 4. Eat 5 meals a day (Breakfast, Snack #1, Lunch, Snack #2, Dinner) Providing you haven't went over your calorie intake; you can also have a lightweight snack before bedtime. I'm not saying eat a snack and soon after get in bed; but a couple of hours before bedtime. 5. Spicy foods (Red or green chili peppers) 6. Eat recommended Protein 7. Coffee w/splenda or straight black (remember you still on a diet so stay away from processed sugars.) 8. Green Tea w/splenda Your burning calories even as you read this!
- EXERCISE EXPERIENCE VS. FITNESS INDUSTRY STANDARDS The fitness world claim to it takes extreme exercises to lose weight. Well, that is stretching the truth a bit. I found that it takes 15 to 30 minute sessions no matter if your walking or riding a bike. You will still lose 2 to 5 pounds a week in conjunction with your daily calorie intake. The only difficult part is when you exercise, you are burning calories and at the same time the system is adding bonus meals. For example: Its 12 O'clock PM and you have ate 1000 calories. Its time for your daily exercise routine. You do a 30 minute session on the Recumbent Bike and you burn 131 calories. Well, that 131 takes away from that 1000 and it now says you have only ate 869 calories. You have to find a balance between food and exercises. This will frustrate you because MyFitnessPal says that you have eat more in order to meet your calorie goals. ON THE PLUS SIDE: BIG PEOPLE BURN MORE CALORIES THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON! SOMETHING THAT THEY DONT TELL!
- WHAT TO EXPECT Plateau Is when your body adapts to the exercises. Just to keep this from happening, get a new BMI and Daily Calorie Inta
View more >