Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTimes of Oman and Al Shabiba in a new International design done by Dr. Mario Garcia
Hopes make dreams possible!
- William Gilbert discovered ELECTRICITY - Alexander Graham Bell invented TELEPHONE - Konrad Zuse built the first freely programmable COMPUTER- Nicolas Joseph Cugnot built the first AUTOMOBILE a steam
They gave us a new way of life!
• 1875 • 1936 • 1770
Success is not an end. It’s a new beginning!
First phones Landline Early Mobile Handsets
New generation mobiles
Change in Technology gives us the best!
First computer Old Desktops New Desktops Latest Desktops
Products Evolve to make our life easier!
First car Car New cars Latest Car Models
Excitement continues as new models get launched!
Mobiles of new generation
Latest Laptops Next generation cars IPADs
Keeping up with trends even we are changing!
the BIG makeover
Muscat Press and Publishing House
• 2010 is a landmark year for MPPH as well as Oman.
• Times of Oman is 35 years Young and Al-Shabiba is on the verge of completing 20 years in June 2010.
• Yes expect the UNEXPECTED! April 4, 2010 was the day when our readers, advertisers and associates got to see the results of our Innovative thoughts.
the BIG makeover – • Muscat Press and Publishing House has a reputation of an innovative and a
multi-platform media company. We are the only media company in Oman which has our newspaper edition available in print, online, WAP and I phone application.
• Times of Oman and Al Shabiba on April 4, 2010 will be the first newspaper in entirely a new size. Ours will also be the first newspaper in Oman with separate Sections for ease of navigation.
• We continuously strive to make positive changes in our newspaper and as a part of product improvement we have reviewed our contents, design and lay-out in last 2 years.
• As a market leader we have always thought of what our readers want. Several focus groups have recently told us consumers prefer a newspaper which is easier to handle and more portable.
• Keeping our readers in mind we are launching Times of Oman and Al Shabiba with several new compelling enhancements along with conversion in size. Our newspaper in new size will be surely EASY to manage and convenient to read as well.
• More pages & better content - will make our readers spend more time with our newspapers.
Customer Delight! Beyond Satisfaction • In today’s economy everyone is
looking for effective marketing solutions that drive results for your business and we can help you find them.
• We understand your GOALS and NEEDS for creative marketing Solutions
• CREATING & STRENTHENING BRANDS - We promise to offer a stronger, better and effective medium to HELP YOU meet your goals.
• INNOVATIONS – Yes we will support your new ideas and make your BRANDS UNIQUE.
• CLUTTER – We will make sure your advertisements get maximum response through neat lay-out and less cluttered pages.
New look with more pages
Times of Oman (44 pages)• A Section : International news and opinion (12
pgs)• B Section : Today in Oman (8 pgs)• C Section : Sports & Business, Extra (lifestyle) (16
pgs)• D Section : Connect (8 pgs)
also in a new form with more pages
Al Shabiba (44 pages)• A Section – Oman news (16 pgs)• B Section – Business (16 pgs)• C Section – Sports (12 pgs)• D Section – Extra (Lifestyle) (8 pgs)
Key points of the redesignTypographic scheme:• Text: Sentinel
Lead headlines on each page: SentinelSecondary headlines: VitesseAccents: Tungsten(All fonts from Hoefler & Frere-Jones—www.typography.com)
• New page size: 29 cm (w) x 53 cm (h)
• Navigation: Each section front navigates readers to inside content, and always a “Three not to miss” box appears as well.
• Color on every page: With a new printing press, the Times of Oman, and Al Shabiba, can now print color capability on all pages. The printing machine is City Line Express / Made in India.
Innovations! Always Yes !
Innovations! Always Yes !
Creativity in the Classifieds
Twister. A motorbike phenomenon within your reach.
Flexibility beyond limits
At this time of the year, even the day by day
kindnesses reminds us of Christmas.