blogs.henrico.k12.va. ?· web viewkindergarten kapers january 2019 welcome back and happy new...
Post on 03-May-2019
Embed Size (px)
Welcome Back and Happy New Year! We hope that our SPES families had a relaxing and enjoyable winter break. We are excited to have the children back and ready to start learning in 2019! This is such an exciting time of year as we see the children use the skills they have learned to read and write more independently. Thank you for your continued support at home as we wrap up the first semester of kindergarten!
LANGUAGE ARTS/SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES
Jan. 3 - 11 Economics; Relative Location Words
Jan. 14-21 Martin Luther King, Jr.
Jan. 21 - 25 Winter Weather; States of Matter
Jan. 28 Feb. 1, Shadows/Groundhog Day, -et & -en word families
The children will work on the following concepts:
* Numbers 20-30 recognizing, counting, writing in random order
* Rote count to 50
* Jan. 9th Stinger Store Open (7:50-8:10 am)
*Jan. 10th-Kids Club Begins (Thursdays after school)
* Jan. 11th PTA Bingo Night/Silent Auction (6-7 pm)
*Jan. 21st-Student/Staff Holiday
* Jan. 25th-End of 2nd Nine Weeks
* Jan. 28th Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day