blue star projecct deliverable
Post on 13-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
TEAM BLUE STARTEAM BLUE
Collins kipchumba- Team leader/ programmer
Dismas Tanui- Networking expert Paul Oliech- System
Gregory Mbindyo- Research analyst
• Blue star consultancy company is an information technology firm that deals with research and analysis of the Internet concept and networking. We help companies make decision on the internet infrastructure which are best suited for their intended activities.
• Knod Talk TM is a subsidiary of Knod Foundation. Knod Talk TM holds conferences on different Topics Including Science, Technology and Social Issues. The Conference talks are delivered by Industry experts in Specific Topics. Knod Talk TM wants the blue star IT consultancy company to deliver a Talk on the Topic "Discovering the Internet" and demonstration of an HTML website page explaining the discovering the Internet .
What is the Internet?• The vast collection of computer networks which form and
act as a single huge network for transport of data and messages across distances which can be anywhere from the same office to anywhere in the world.
• The largest network of networks in the world.
• Uses TCP/IP protocols and packet switching.
• Runs on any communications substrate.
Basic Services Of The INTERNET
Electronic Mail (E-Mail) – • Allow user to send a mail (message ) to another internet user in any
part of the world in a near-real-time manner . File Transfer Protocol (FTP) – • Allow user to move a file from one computer to another on the internet. Telnet – • Allow a user to log into another computer somewhere on the internet
File Transfer Protocol Moving a file from a remote computer to ones own
computer is known as Downloading. Moving a file from ones own computer to a remote
computer is known as Uploading. Anonymous FTP site in a computer allows a user to log in
with the username of anonymous and password that is user’s E-mail Address.
Anonymous FTP sites are called publically accessible sites because they can be accessed by any user on internet.
Some Popular Internet Search Engines
Client – Server ModelCommunication on the Internet usually takes place between a
client and a server program/computer:Server program: program without a user interface running on a “large”
computer with access to many resources (also called the server computer)Client program: a program with extensive interface capabilities but few
resources running on a “small” computer (also called the client computer)One server computer usually run several server programs, each
of which can service multiple client programs simultaneously
• The internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway to be a loner, you can be more alone if you want to connect it makes it easy to connect.