bridging the gap
DESCRIPTIONfinding the missing pieces in prayer
“Prayer Shift”Bridging the Gap
Finding the Missing piece through Prayer
Francis E. Madojemu
Face Your Fears• In order to see the path to
what you want you must first see clearly what is
holding you back. • You can’t conquer what
you don’t confront and you can’t confront what
you don’t identify. • Cain’s error was not simply
in an offering but it was in an attitude towards his offering. – Paula White
Face Your Fears• It’s time to bring forth out
of the invisible all acts of creative expression that God ordained for us to
produce. • It’s time for your dream to
become a reality. No more delay to your destiny!
• You hold in your heart God’s inheritance for you which is your piece of his
Face Your Fears• The life God put you in is
bigger than the life you are living.
• Challenge the status quo and Reject any self-
imposed limitations. • Do not all unfounded fear of failure to prevent you from initiating the
pursuit of your purpose.
1. Missing Your Opportunity
• Law of the Lid • Every one has Lids – Everyone is born with Lids; titles and positions do not eliminate them – The issue is not do you
have Lids but what are you going to do about
them • What are the Lids you
Lids that you Can Face
• Fear • Impatience • Denial • Impulsiveness • Deceit • Jealously • Anger
• Confidence • Lack of
Knowledge • Lack of Understanding • Peoples’
perception of them
What are your Lids? • 1 Thessalonians 3:10-13• 10 night and day praying exceedingly
that we may see your face and perfect what is
lacking in your faith? • 11 Now may our God and Father Himself, and
our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way to you.
Deal with the Lids• ¨David had a lid-lifter in
Jonathan. • (I Samuel 18:1-3)
• What are the lids in my life?
• ¨How will I lift those lids? • What do I need to do?• ¨Who are the lid-lifters in
my life?• How do I lift the lid for
• 1st paradigm that we do not have what we need is wrong because it creates the impression that God
has not made provision for us.
• When we pray we assume that is when God starts to
acts concerning us our request
• Unbelievers pray like this
2: Tried & No Help or Provision
2: Tried & No Help or Provision
• The truth is we have been blessed with all spiritual blessing in heavenly places. Notice its past
tense • Ephesians 1:3 KJV
• (3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly
places in Christ:• “We are not human beings
having a spiritual experience. • We are spiritual beings having
a human experience.”
2: Tried & No Help or Provision
• Hebrews 9:14 KJV• (14) How much more shall the
blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to
serve the living God?• That’s why Jesus blood can pay
for the sins of those who lived before he came for us as well as sins we are yet to commit
and our children• Gods Provision!
The Prodigal Son
Luke 15:11-12 KJV(11) And he said, A certain man had two sons: (12) And the
younger of them said to his father, Father,
give me the portion of goods that falleth to
me. And he divided unto them his living.God wants to make you before he gives
Luke 15:25-32 KJV• (25) Now his elder son was
in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the
house, he heard music and dancing. (26) And he
called one of the servants, and asked what these
things meant. (27) And he said unto him, Thy brother
is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received
him safe and sound.
Luke 15:25-32 KJV• (28) And he was angry,
and would not go in: therefore came his
father out, and intreated him. (29) And he
answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee,
neither transgressed I at any time thy
Luke 15:25-32 KJV• and yet thou never gavest
me a kid, that I might make merry with my
friends: (30) But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the
fatted calf. (31) And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all
that I have is thine.
Understanding• Luke 4:22-30
• 26 “but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath, in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a
widow.• Why? Covenant!!! • We never seem to
accept Gods word to us. The Jews knew their
covenant and walked in it but do we?
Understanding• My Sons do not have pray
and fast for me to pay their school fees why?
• We are in a covenant relationship Father & sons. • When they need me to do
something for their friends they come in and say
Daddy please….. in other words
• “if you love me daddy you will do this and that for
them I would not eat not because you love me but for you to do this for my
Make vs. Give• Its not God give me but God
show me• Why is it that we have been
taught to pray and ask God not only to give us finished
products. • But we also ask the exact
amount, the time & the person through whom He should supply it through.
• Thereby taking away from God the methodology He
wants to use!
The Source• But Paul teaches that my
God supplies your need according to His riches in
glory not when we request for it
• Philippians 4:19 KJV• (19) But my God shall supply
all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
• (WNT) But my God--so great is His wealth of glory in Christ Jesus--will fully supply every
need of yours.
No Respecter• Our salvation experience is like a scheduled flight from Lagos
to London with passengers from Kano, Abuja, Ibadan & Ikeja, Lagos.
• They have been scheduled to take it does not matter how far they traveled to get to the aircraft & the airport as long as they get on the flight they will all arrive at the same time & get the
Prayer Shift• Its time to say to God
not provide for me but teach & show me how
to access your provision for me• The Difference
between the rich and the poor is the poor
say “I cannot afford it” & the rich say “How
can I afford it”• Lord How can I?
Be Magnified Lyrics• Verse 1
I have made You too small in my eyes
Oh Lord, forgive meAnd I have believed in a lie
That You were unable to help me.
But now, Oh Lord, I see my wrong
Heal my heart and show Yourself strong
And in my eyes and with my song
Oh Lord, be magnified (bis)
Be Magnified Lyrics• Chorus:
Be magnified, Oh LordYou are highly exaltedAnd there is nothing
You can't doOh Lord, my eyes are
on YouBe magnified,
Oh Lord, be magnified
Be Magnified Lyrics• Verse 2
I have leaned on the wisdom of men
Oh Lord, (Please)forgive meAnd I have responded to themInstead of Your light and Your
mercyBut now, Oh Lord, I see my
wrongHeal my heart and show
yourself strongAnd in my eyes and with my
songOh Lord be magnified (bis)
Passion & Provision• Its time for passion & provision
collide when we are doing what we love & will happily do for free but earn a great deal for
doing what we are called to do.• We must begin to apply ourselves to this new day &
provision by embracing the shift in thinking
• We have grown up with a wrong paradigm thinking that
when we pray God just starts to make the provision