bridging the gap between tech and business
out of 23
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Bridging the Gap between Tech and Business Alaa Moustafa Business Development Consultant Link Development
- 2. Alaa Moustafa B.Sc. Computer Science, Cairo University MBA in Marketing, Arab Academy for Science & Technology Solution Developer, Link Development (2004) Senior Software Engineer, ITWorx (2005) Project Manager & Founder, IRange Software (2007) Account Manager, eSpace (2012) Business Development Manager, eSpace (2013) Business Development Consultant, Link Development (2015) Business Development Consultant Link Development
- 3. Why this Session? Delivering Business Value Knowledge for Career Path Conflict of Interest / Goals
- 4. Business Operations Marketing Sales HR Finance Service Lets Talk About Business
- 5. Is There a Gap between Tech & Business? This is what well talk about Business & Customer Needs Software Development Process
- 6. Software Development Life Cycle
- 7. How it Works? Customer
- 8. What is Sales? The sales cycle is the sequence of phases that a typical customer goes through when deciding to buy something. As a rule, the sales cycle is described from the customer's perspective. The first phase of the sales cycle may be either the customer's perception of a product, or a perception of a need that the product might satisfy.
- 9. Business Challenges 1. Every customer is unique and different 2. Every business is unique and different 3. Every customer process is unique and different. 4. Customers are interested in solutions 5. Constant competition & rise of competitors.
- 10. B2C vs. B2B B2C means that you are selling a product or service directly to the consumer. B2B means that you are selling a product or service to other businesses. Example: Selling CRM Software to organizations so they can keep track of their sales leads, manage their sales cycles. Example: Selling t-shirts geared toward the individual consumer or Selling lipstick marketed toward teenage buyers
- 11. Sales Management Process Build the Relationship Qualify the Leads Discover their Needs Present the Solution Negotiate & Close
- 12. Sales Funnel A Sales pipeline is as a visual representation of your sales process where all your opportunities are displayed and neatly arranged according to their phase in your sales cycle. Behind each sales stage within the sales pipeline is a set of actions that need to be completed in order to successfully finish that stage and move the opportunity to the next stage.
- 13. Example of Sales Funnel
- 14. Why CRM? Customer Relationship Management It allows you to register your leads and contacts. You can track all customer interaction It reveals possibilities. It makes your most valuable asset the customer data remain
- 15. Roles of CRM Customer Relationship Management
- 16. Business Team Roles Business Development Sales/Account Management Presales
- 17. Business Team Responsibilities Opportunity Assessment, Creation & Development Relationship Establishment & Management Analytics Study & Tracking Industry Advancement Study & Utilization Contract Planning, Negotiation & Management
- 18. Fixed Price Time & Material Dedicated Team Common Contract Types
- 19. Common Contract Types Fixed Price This contract type is the best choice for short term projects and projects which have a ready detailed requirements list (Software Requirements Specification). It is the most effective contract type when project volume and final cost can be defined at the very start of the project implementation.
- 20. Common Contract Types Time & Material This contract type is used if the exact project volume cannot be defined before its development starts or in case there is a possibility of project requirements changes during software development process. Since project volume is unknown, so far final price of the project cannot be stated.
- 21. Common Contract Types Dedicated Team Under contract of this type the customer is offered the service of project developers team and providing them with necessary operating environment. The team is subordinate to the customer or his project manager and is considered to be the remote software development center.
- 22. Any Questions? Thanks for your time.