Brighten your classroom with technology
out of 8
Post on 06-Jul-2015
- 1. BRIGHTEN YOUR CLASSROOM WITH TECHNOLOGY
By: Gail Jacquelin
2. TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Steps to take 3. Audio or non projected visuals 4. Projected visuals 5. References
STEPS TO TAKE
- There are a few steps that one has to consider in order to have a powerful presentation. 6. To begin you must have a mission statement, a word that will catchthe viewers eye e.g. Brighten. 7. One must do a lot of researching on the subject through written materials or websites. 8. Before you start your presentation you must build a draft. 9. Look at your presentation as if it was a book, it will have a beginning, a middle and an ending. 10. Make it aesthetically pleasingusing different text, pictures and color background.
AUDIO AND NON PROJECTED VISUALS
- Cds Children can play back the information as many times as it takes for them to fully understand the material. 11. Using Internet audio you can download the material that you need instead of buying a full CD. 12. Print Materials These are a critical part of teaching. But visuals must have a good design to be effective. This includes books, worksheets, posters and charts. 13. When using print materials make sure your visual design enhances and sends a clear message to the children and attracts their attention. 14. Bulletin boards These are very useful asthe teacher can display print or graphic visuals which can easily be changed.
15. PROJECTED VISUALS
- Overhead projectors These are found in many classrooms. The information is created on this sheets of clear acetate which are called transparencies. 16. Digital projectors Computer images can be projected onto a screen or whiteboard and presented to the whole class. 17. There are negatives and positive's for these two methods of education. 18. Negative These technologies are sometimes expensive and hard to learn. A good teacher does not need technology to teach. 19. Positive The old method of teaching does not have the same impact on children as seeing the images, it is more exciting and engaging for them. 20. For more information of whiteboard's and computer images can go to www.ehow.com/how_4495851_use-whitebarods.html
- Powerful Presentations Hand-out byIan Jukes 22. Teaching and Learning with Technology by Judy Lever-Duffy and Jean B. McDonald. 23. www.slideshare.net 24. Deborah890.wikispaces.com 25. www.ehow.com/how_4495851_use-whiteboards.html
View more >