brittany benson international pr presentation for comm 337
Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
1. Brittany Benson COMM 337- Public Relations Theory International Public Relations 2. United States Public Relations
- Losing PR battle
- Ethnocentric or home country assumptions
- One size fits all approach
- Was this applied to NWSF?
3. Culture Matters in Public Relations
- U.S has formal PR training
- Full of democracy and capitalism
- PR is not unified
- Influenced heavily by cultural factors
- Representation text of campaign
- Identity creation of organizational image
- Production work of PR practitioners
- Consumption publics view of campaign
- Regulation underlying cultural values
- Hansen-Horn, T., & Neff, B. D. (2007). International Public Relations.Public Relations: From Theory to Practice(pp. 281-299). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Gay, P. D., Hall, S., Janes, L., Mackay, H., & Negus, K. (1997).Doing Cultural Studies: The Story of the Sony Walkman (Culture, Media & Identities, Vol. 1) (Culture, Media and Identities series) . Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Ltd.