build a better channel
out of 15
Post on 27-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAn overview of why resellers don't sell and how you can build a productive channel.
- 1. The York Group Building Better Channels
- 2. Relationship With Your Resellers Are your partners working as a team, pulling you in the right direction?
- 3. Or Are They Inactive ? Resentful? A nuisance?
- 4. Path to Channel Success
- Opportunistic sales
- No formal programs
- Low profits, ROI
- Inconsistent partner results
- Agreements tailored to each partner
- Targeting markets/products
- International channel structure in place
- Need to accelerate revenue growth
- Established offices and partners in major markets
- Some under-performing products or markets
- Position company for an exit
- 5. Benefits of an Effective Channel
- 6. Two Basic Channel Models
- You are a strategic product
- Partners do their own marketing
- Significant sales every year
- You are a portfolio product
- You feed your partner with leads
- One or two sales per year maybe
- 7. When Are You a Strategic Product? A dedicated salesperson An activities-based marketing plan You are part of the resellers survival toolkit
- 8. Why Dont Resellers Sell?
- Portfolio mentality
- A lot of nice to haves
- 9. You Are A Risk Not An Opportunity Resellers take on three levels of risk
- Market risk
- Wrong product, timing, packaging, language, functionality, focus, content, feature set, customers, etc.
- Exit risk
- Doing too well
- Market becomes too attractive for the vendor to resist selling directly
- Vendor risk
- Lack of knowledge, cultural sensitivity, understanding of how things work in the partners market
- Compromising the partners relationships through stupidity
- 10. Making a Channel Work A quote from Geoffrey Moore in Crossing the Chasm "Getting and sustaining the attention of someone else's sales force is a full-time job, since helping to sell someone else's product is an unnatural act that must be stimulated constantly"
- 11. It Always Comes Down to Selling People sell what they know how to sell. Get the salespeople on board and you will have a productive partner.
- 12. Whats An ISV To Do? Package yourselves the same way you would your product
- 13. Building a Successful Channel Give partners a reason to trust you have a solid channel program Identify, qualify and recruit the right partners Manage the partners to keep them focused on your products Channel Success
- 14. Steps in Partner Recruitment Total elapsed time 4-6 months
- 15. Need More Help? www.theyorkgroup.com
- Local contact information
- 101 Questions e-book
- Other useful resources
View more >