caffeine and the brain
out of 11
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONLearn how caffeine is affecting your brain and how much is too much.
- C A F F E I N E A N D T H E B R A I N
- Q U I C K FA C T S More than 90% Americans consume caffeine everyday (in different forms) Of those 90%, over 50% consume greater than 300 mg (FDA Upper Limit) 20 - 30% of Americans consume 600 mg/day a very high dose
- MOST WIDELY CONSUMED STIMULANT DRUG IN THE WORLD TOO MANY PEOPLE START CONSUMING CAFFEINE AT AN EARLY AGE
- C A F F E I N E A N D YO U R N E U R OT R A N S M I T T E R S BLOCKS ADENOSINE FEEL ALERT INCREASE ADRENALINE RELEASE BOOST / WAKEFULNESS / PHYSICAL ENERGY DOPAMINE RELEASE FEEL PLEASURE / GOOD
- H O W C A F F E I N E A F F E C T S YO U R S L E E P
- U N F O R T U N AT E LY Caffeine prevents adenosine from eliciting drowsiness and can ruin a good nights sleep The Adenosine receptor is critical to deep sleep Physically you may fall asleep, but the body/brain does not fully regenerate. Sleep decit builds up and accumulates over time which may lead to serious health issues
- W H Y D O W E N E E D S L E E P ? It repairs muscle, replaces/ regenerates tissue, removes cellular wate and debris. It lowers energy consumption so we dont need to consume calories during sleep. It is essentially an energy saver for the body.
- H O W E V E R A L I T T L E C A F F E I N E I S G O O D T H I N G Benecial For Asthma Alleviates Headaches Can Prevent Cavities Improves Mood With An Increased Dopamine Release
- M O D E R AT E YO U R C A F F E I N E U S AG E Keep track of how much caffeine your taking. The FDA and AMA claim that 300 mg of caffeine is the upper limit of daily consumption. ! = 200 mg of caffeine ! Dont consume caffeine after 3pm 200 mg coffee at 3PM leaves 100 mg in human system at 9PM
- C O F F E E B L A C K A S H E L L , S T R O N G A S D E AT H , S W E E T A S L O V E . ! T U R K I S H P R O V E R B
View more >