out of 15
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is the program for
- 1. The Newbery CaldeCoTT awards baNqueT 2010 Hilton Washington Washington, D.C. JuNe 27, 2010
- 2. Presiding Thom barThelmess, President Association for Library service to Children, a division of the American Library Association Camila a lire, President American Library Association
- 3. Conferring r iTa auerbaCh Chair, 2010 Caldecott Award selection Committee K aTie odell Chair, 2010 Caldecott Award selection Committee
- 4. The rAndoLPh CALdeCoTT MedAL Jerry PiNKNey The Lion & the Mouse Little, Brown Books for Young readers The John newBerY MedAL r ebeCCa sTead when You reach Me wendy Lamb Books, an imprint of random house Childrens Books
- 5. The 2010 CALdeCoTT honor Book iLLusTrATors m arla Frazee All the world Beach Lane Books, an imprint of Atheneum Books for Young readers/ simon & schuster Pamela zagareNsKi red sings from Treetops: A Year in Colors houghton Mifflin Books for Children/ houghton Mifflin harcourt
- 6. The 2009 newBerY honor Book AuThors PhilliP hoose Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice Melanie kroupa Books/farrar straus giroux, an imprint of Macmillan Childrens Publishing group JaCqueliNe K elly The evolution of Calpurnia Tate henry holt Books for Young readers, an imprint of Macmillan Childrens Publishing group graCe liN where the Mountain Meets the Moon Little, Brown and Company Books for Young readers/ hachette Book group usA rodmaN PhilbriCK The Mostly True Adventures of homer P. figg The Blue sky Press, an imprint of scholastic inc.
- 7. 2010 rAndoLPh CALdeCoTT AwArd seLeCTion CoMMiTTee riTa auerbaCh, new York, n.Y., Chair zahra m. baird, Cineaste/Librarian, white Plains, n.Y. ChrisTy b. esTroviTz, san francisco Public Library, san francisco, Calif. ChrisTi showmaN Farrar, woburn Public Library, woburn, Mass. suzaNNe harold, Multnomah County Library, Portland, ore. merri liNdgreN, Cooperative Childrens Book Center, university of wisconsin-Madison geNe NelsoN, Provo City Library, Provo, utah Julie raNelli, Queen Annes County free Library, stevensville, Md. Julie roaCh, Cambridge Public Library, Cambridge, Mass. braNdy saNChez, daniel Boone regional Library, Columbia, Mo. JohN P. sCoTT, friends school of Baltimore, Baltimore, Md. heNrieTTa m. smiTh, sLis-university of south florida, Tampa, fla. JoaNNa ward, County of Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, Calif. JaN s. waTKiNs, skokie Public Library, skokie, ill. luCiNda whiTehursT, st. Christophers school, richmond, Va.
- 8. honored guesTs (ConTinued) K eiTh m iChael Fiels executive director, American Library Association m iCKi FreeNy Co-Chair, ALsC Local Arrangements Committee saho FuJii senior designer, Little, Brown Books for Young readers loida garCa-Febo President, reforMA gary geNTel President, Trade and reference division, houghton Mifflin harcourt m ary ghiKas senior Associate executive director, American Library Association beTsy grobaN senior Vice President and Publisher, houghton Mifflin harcourt Childrens Book group
- 9. honored guesTs (ConTinued) PaTTi a NN h arris senior Art director, Little, Brown Books for Young readers a llyN JohNsToN Vice President and Publisher, Beach Lane Books m elaNie K rouPa editor-at-Large, Marshall Cavendish weNdy l amb Vice President, Publishing director, wendy Lamb a lviNa liNg senior editor, Little, Brown Books for Young readers CaroliNe m eCKler Associate editor, wendy Lamb Books K im olseN-ClarK director, American Library Association development office a NN r ider executive editor, houghton Mifflin Books for Children
- 10. honored guesTs (ConTinued) roberT l. siberT President, Bound to stay Bound Books, inc. a Ndrea sPooNer senior executive editor, Little, Brown Books for Young readers a imee sTriTTmaTTer executive director, Association for Library service to Children m egaN TiNgley senior Vice President and Publisher, Little, Brown Books for Young readers sharoN KorbeCK verbeTeN editor, Children and Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library service to Children boNNie verburg editorial director, The Blue sky Press, an imprint of scholastic inc. Julie walKer executive director, American Association of school Librarians david youNg Chairman and Ceo, hachette Book group
- 11. honored guesTs ala legaCy soCieTy m embers JohN a NdersoN executive Vice President & Publisher, simon & schuster Childrens Publishing CassaNdra barNeTT President, American Association of school Librarians ellie berger President, Trade Publishing, scholastic inc. ChrisToPher borawsKi Co-Chair, ALsC Local Arrangements Committee simoN boughToN Publisher, farrar straus giroux, an imprint of Macmillan Childrens Publishing group liNda brauN President, Young Adult Library services Association JeaN Feiwel senior Vice President and director, Macmillan Childrens Publishing group; Publisher, feiwel and friends and square fish
- 12. 2010 John newBerY AwArd seLeCTion CoMMiTTee KaTie odell, Multnomah County Library, Portland, ore., Chair Joel baNgilaN, san Antonio Public Library, san Antonio, Texas meaghaN m. baTTle, Berkley, Mich. NaNCy baumaNN, Albany County school district, Laramie, wyo. FraNCesCa burgess, Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn, n.Y. sTeveN eNgelFried, Multnomah County Library, Portland, ore. lori FausT, warren-Trumbull County Public Library, warren, ohio diaNe FooTe, Chicago elva garza, southeast Austin Community Branch Library, Austin, Texas maria e. geNTle, Arlington Public Library, Arlington, Va. liNNea heNdriCKsoN, Bandelier elementary school, Albuquerque, n.M. holly JiN, skokie Public Library, skokie, ill. alisoN oreilly, Austin Public Library, Austin, Texas maria salvadore, washington, d.C. deborah sTeveNsoN, Center for Childrens Books, Champaign, ill.
- 13. T he Association for Library service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, gratefully acknowledges the receipt of contributions from Little, Brown and Company Books for Young readers to the frederic g. Melcher scholarship endowment in honor of Jerry Pinkney for The Lion & the Mouse and scholastic inc. to the frederic g. Melcher scholarship endowment in honor of rodman Philbrick for The Mostly True Adventures of homer P. figg.
View more >