out of 10
Post on 15-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. By Baba Shukla
- 2. A chakra necklace is a necklace made with semi- precious stones that correspond with the chakra in the body. Chakras, in Indian philosophy, are centers in the body that are connected to spiritual existence and spiritual power. The chakras are believed to exist in a lateral line within the body from the top of the head to the reproductive organs.
- 3. Semi-precious Stones
- 4. For those who believe in the power and significance of chakras, it is important to keep them balanced. Some believe that by wearing jewelry, such as a necklace, with stones that correspond to each of the chakras, it is easier to keep them in balance. The chakras are often represented in a rainbow formation with a purple chakra at the crown chakra, which is located on the top of the head, and a red chakra at the root chakra, which is located in the ovaries or prostate.
- 5. Red Stone Necklaces
- 6. Following this model, stones in a chakra necklace are often arranged in a rainbow formation to echo the arrangement of the chakras in the body. There are some beliefs that crystals, minerals, and semi-precious stones offer various types of healing properties. As such, there is some debate among people who make chakra jewelry about which stones are best to represent each chakra.
- 7. Crystal Stones Mineral Stones Semi-precious Stones
- 8. Some people simply believe that a chakra necklace needs only to reflect each of the colors represented within the chakras. There are a number of ways to arrange the stones in a chakra necklace. The stones in a rainbow format, the stones may be arranged together as separate pendants that hang along the neckline or as a pattern that is made in a long, beaded necklace or lariat. In other cases the stones are arranged in one vertical pendant that hands on the breast bone.
- 9. Depending on the kinds of stones that are used to make a chakra necklace, the price of this piece of jewelry can vary greatly. If the necklace is made with low-quality common stones and strung on leather, the necklace might be quite affordable. If the necklace is made with high-quality, semi-precious stones that are polished and perfectly cut, the price will be higher. The setting, which may be sterling silver or even gold or platinum, also sets the price of a chakra necklace. These kinds of necklaces can cost hundreds of dollars.
- 10. By Baba Shukla
View more >