children are smarter than you think
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONApproach to Multiple Intelligences theory as a way to help a new generation.
- 1. An Approach toMultiple Intelligences Theory
2. New Times, New Concepts, A NewGeneration AbletoTransformthe World. 3. A New Education Must Help our Students to: 4.
- SolveProblems in different ways
- Be moretolerant
- Learn Together
- Help each other
- Be Critical
- Enjoy Life
- Be Creative
- Use resources with care and responsiblity
- Be Peace-Builders
5. Nowadays Problems
- Natural Disasters
- Global Warming
- Rain Forest Destruction
- Animals in danger
6. Smog produced by cars 7. Pollution and Famine 8. No air to Breath 9. What will we eat tomorrow ? 10. No water to Drink 11. Where will we Live ? 12. Will they survive ? 13. You have, I dont 14. Children At War 15. Do We have any Chance ?
- We Live in the Paradise, but we are blind.
- Economyis more important than Values.
- We have forgotten thehealing powers of lovecompassion and forgiveness.
- We dont remember that Nature is our mother, and all living beings are our brothers and sisters.
- We have sold our entire lives for facilities.
- Families are facing up huge changes.
16. Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned inSchool. Einstein
- Qu jartera un examen dememoria!
- SE AVECINA UNcambio en la forma como son evaluados los estudiantes en el pas.
- Tambin se revisar la norma sobre prdida y promocin de grado. La discusin prosigue.
- EL RETO MS GRANDEes que los jvenes no traguen entero, que pregunten y desarrollen nuevos conocimientos, sostiene la ministra de Educacin .
- Los libros no deben ser la nica fuente del saber.
- La Educacin de enciclopedias estout.
- ser cierto que despus del proyecto dirigido a la construccin de la paz, el prioritario es el educativo?
- Estamos invitados a hacer un alto en el camino y pensar la problemtica educativa para replantearla con responsabilidad histrica y convertirla en el proyecto prioritario para Colombia.
- El Colombiano , October 5 th/08
17. Education and Change
- Nations like Canada, Japan and Korea have shownthan education has the power to transformeconomical, social and political realities.
- UNESCOrecognizesefforts inCuba and Chile and emphasises that a higher support to education will promote democracy , justice and peace in Latin American countries.
18. We Must Create The Hope 19. What Is Intelligence ?
- The Capacity to understand,analize and process data.
- The ability to understand and produce oral and written messages.
- The ability to solve problems.
- The capacity to invent.
- The capacity of adaptation.
- The capacity of improvisation.
- The ability to solve conflicts.
20. Howard Gardner Dr. Gardner created the Multiple Intelligences theory, proposing that there is not only one kind of intelligence, in his opinion what really mattersis not how much intelligent you are, butthey way you are intelligent. 21. Multiple Intelligences Theory 22. Basically, Gardner showed that there are different types of intelligence
- Visual Spatial:the ability to visualize relationships between objects or ideas in your mind.
- Linguistic:the ability to use words and language. Writing or talking about something so people understand you.
- Mathematical:recognizingpatterns and number systems.
- Body - Kinesthetic:athletics and gymnastics. This also combines elements of drama and dance.
- Musical-Rhythmic:the ability to recognize audio patterns and sounds, as well as rhythms and beats.
- Interpersonal:the capacity for person-to-person communications and relationships.
- Intrapersonal:the spiritual, inner states of being, self-reflection, and awareness.
- Naturalist:understanding the natural world and using this ability (for example in hunting, farming or biological science).
23. Teachers Challenges
- Discover which is ourintelligence.
- 2) Change our practices, preparing classesincluding meaningful activities, and our students intelligences.
- 3) Develop class-projects, organize team-workbased on different skills and promoting cooperative learning.
- 4) Believe in Ourselves.
- 5) Organize study groups, forums, debates and share experiences.