cinahl simple keyword search
Click here to load reader
Post on 27-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONDoing a simple keyword search using EBSCOhost's CINAHL
- 1. Searching CINAHL Basic Research for Nursing Students Looking for articles on hormone therapyfor breast cancer.
2. Searching CINAHL
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature)provides indexing for over 2,928 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 1,000,000 records dating back to 1981. Offering complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses Association,CINAHLcovers nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines. Examples of titles offered inCINAHLinclude:AANA Journal, California Hospitals, Gastroenterology Nursing, Maternal and Child Health Journal, Paediatric Nursing, Parents,etc. In addition, this database offers access to health care books, nursing dissertations, selected conference proceedings, standards of practice, educational software, audiovisuals and book chapters. Searchable cited references for more than 1,200 journals are also included. Full text material includes 72 journals plus legal cases, clinical innovations, critical paths, drug records, research instruments and clinical trials. (Description from EBSCOhost)
3. A Simple Search
- Familiarize the student with the basic functions of EBSCOhosts CINAHL.
- Do a simple keyword search.
- Refine the search to access appropriate article information.
- Find and retrieve full-text articles.
4. A Simple Search
- The Search Form (a)
Enter KeywordsHere! Limit your searchby checkingthe boxes. Need full-text only? Check this box. Make sure Peer ReviewedJournalsis selected. 5. A Simple Search
- The Search Form (b)
Choose froma variety ofoptions. 6. A Simple Search
- Search and Results List (a)
Enter a keywordSearch. As you type a drop-down menu appears with possible search terms. Press search andview the results. Number of results Produced by the search. 7. A Simple Search
- Search and Results List (b)
Shows articleinformationin brief format. Follow eitherlink to article in full-text. If there is notfull-text link provides articleInformation. Articles maybe inAcrobat or html format. 8. A Simple Search
- Search and Results List (c)
Add anotherkeyword to refineyour results list. Add result tofolder in orderto print, e-mailor share. 9. A Simple Search
- Saving and Printing (a)
Saved itemsmay be viewed,shared or printedby opening thefolder. 10. A Simple Search
- Saving and Printing (b)
Once in the folderitems may be printed,e-mail, saved to adisk or imported toRefworks. Full-text printed,e-mail, saved to adisk or imported toanother applicationin its entirety. 11. A Simple Search
- Saving and Printing (c)
All printing andsaving optionsInclude a citation format choiceincludedwith the document. 12. A Simple Search
- Try this
- Find articles or article information concerning knee replacement for osteoarthritis and anthroplasty for middle-aged women .
- Save relevant information to a folder.
- E-mail to yourself with APA citation format.
- Print a full-text article with APA citation format included.