CLOUD COMPUTING. Contents Introduction to cloud computing. Three levels of cloud computing: Implementation of cloud computing Private cloud Public cloud.
out of 30
Post on 22-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- CLOUD COMPUTING
- Slide 2
- Contents Introduction to cloud computing. Three levels of cloud computing: Implementation of cloud computing Private cloud Public cloud Hybrid cloud Benefits of cloud computing in business and IT industry. ConclusionReferences.
- Slide 3
- What is cloud computing? Cloud computing is the dynamic provision of providing hardware, software, or services from third parties over a network. Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, where shared resources, software, & information are provided to computers and other devices on demand. Cloud computing is a computing platform for the next generation of the Internet.
- Slide 4
- What is Cloud Computing?(Cont) Cloud computing is a broad concept of using the Internet to allow people to access technology- enabled services. Named after the cloud representation of the Internet on a network diagram this technology is named as cloud computing.
- Slide 5
- Cloud Computing Characteristics: Cloud computing basically works on the principle of Pay As U Use. Cloud computing customers do not own the physical infrastructure, instead avoid by renting usage from a third-party provider. Cloud computing customers do not own the physical infrastructure, instead avoid capital expenditure by renting usage from a third-party provider.capital expenditure They consume resources as a service and pay only for resources that they use.
- Slide 6
- Three levels of cloud computing: Infrastructure As A Service(IAAS) Platform As A Service(PAAS) Software As A Service(SAAS)
- Slide 7
- Three levels of cloud computing
- Slide 8
- Infrastructure As A Service(IAAS): In this plan cloud providers can provide the technical infrastructure for your application. E.g. organization provides you the different resources and applications. These resources may be storage space, hardware, networking component etc. In this plan cloud providers can provide the technical infrastructure for your application. E.g. organization provides you the different resources and applications. These resources may be storage space, hardware, networking component etc. Customer need not have to be bothered about specifying what kind of hardware you want or what is the name of the computer servers you are running on. Customer need not have to be bothered about specifying what kind of hardware you want or what is the name of the computer servers you are running on. In real meaning you can rent someone else's hardware by the minute, hour or monthly used basis.
- Slide 9
- Platform As A Service(PAAS): This component of cloud computing can be defined as a set of software and product development tools that allow developers to create application on providers platform. In other words, it allow you to built applications that are delivered to users through internet and are run on providers infrastructure. Salesforce.com - which comes with not only the infrastructure but also a programming language platform.
- Slide 10
- Software As A Service(SAAS): It provide any software application as a service through cloud. We have been using saas for years in public domain, with free email services being the most classical example. This is the design that someone can offer you a hosted set of software (running on a platform and infrastructure) that you don't own but pay for some element of utilization. E.g. email services offered by Google, yahoo etc.
- Slide 11
- Advantages: Client doesnt have to worry about buying anything. He pays for what you use. He can access services any where and any time. But, he cant own it.
- Slide 12
- Implementation of cloud computing public cloud public cloud Private cloud Hybrid cloud
- Slide 13
- Public cloud In a public cloud (also called external cloud), outside organizations provide the infrastructure, software and platform required to implement the cloud. The public cloud follows pay as you go model, you only pay for the services you are consuming. Email is the most basic and oldest type of services offered on the public cloud. Advantage: user dont have to worry about managing the underlying IT infrastructure.
- Slide 14
- Private cloud A private cloud refers to having your own private cloud computing infrastructure. So, instead of relying on an external, public cloud serivce providers infrastructure, you would have your own. In a private cloud (also called internal cloud), the infrastructure for implementing the cloud is completely organized and maintained by the enterprise. It is most suited for large organizations or enterprise.
- Slide 15
- Hybrid cloud: To assemble the benefits of both approaches private and public cloud, newer implementation models have been developed to merge both models into an integrated solution.
- Slide 16
- Search Engines Web mail Cloud Computing Services: Simplest Forms
- Slide 17
- Web-based office applications Online photo and document sharing Cloud Computing Services: More Complex Forms
- Slide 18
- Large-scale web-based storage and computing power for building your own applications Cloud Computing Services: More Complex Forms
- Slide 19
- Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Slide 20
- Cloud computing helps to cut down costs. Ability to meet changing user demands quickly, usually within minutes. Environment Friendly. Rapid elasticity. It is easy to install the technology. It is on demand self service. Cloud Computing: Benefits
- Slide 21
- In the event of a disaster data is usually not lost. Easy to develop your own web based applications that run in the cloud. It is highly automated. Cloud computing frees up internal resources whenever they are released by the user. Cloud computing helps businesses become mobile. Cloud Computing: Benefits
- Slide 22
- Drawbacks of Cloud Computing
- Slide 23
- Often limited or no technical support available. When there are technical issues you may lose access to your data or your application. No control on traffic and data accessing speed. If the company hosting the application goes out of business you may lose access to your data or application permanently. Cloud Computing: Drawbacks
- Slide 24
- Potential Regulatory Compliance issues You must have an Internet connection Cloud Computing: Drawbacks
- Slide 25
- Cloud Computing Rebirth of centralized processing, without the green and black terminal screens of the mainframe days. Instead we have access to rich web applications with our information and files stored in the cloud and available at all times, whether that be a laptop computer in the middle of Manhattan.
- Slide 26
- Conclusion Cloud computing offers real alternatives to IT departments for improved flexibility and trim down the cost. Markets are developing for the delivery of software applications, platforms, and infrastructure as a service to IT departments over the cloud. These services are readily accessible on a pay-per-use basis and offer great alternatives to businesses that need the flexibility to rent infrastructure on a temporary basis or to reduce capital costs.
- Slide 27
- References Architectural Strategies for Cloud Computing, august 2009. www.oracle.com/.../pdf/architectural_strategies_for _cloud_computing.pdf Architectural Strategies for Cloud Computing, august 2009. www.oracle.com/.../pdf/architectural_strategies_for _cloud_computing.pdf  Wikipedia, Cloud Computing available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing  Mladen A. Vouk Cloud Computing Issues, Research and Implementations,
- Slide 28
- References (cont)  Dr. Wendy A. Warr, Wendy Warr & Associates (email@example.com, http://www.warr.com), November 2009  Dr. Wendy A. Warr, Wendy Warr & Associates (firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.warr.com), November 2009  DAVID CHAPPELL (2008) a short introduction to cloud computing platforms: An enterprise-oriented over view.  A Berkeley (2009) Above the Clouds: A Berkeley View of Cloud Computing.  A Berkeley (2009) Above the Clouds: A Berkeley View of Cloud Computing.
- Slide 29
- References(cont)  Sims, K. (2009), IBM Blue Cloud Initiative Advances Enterprise Cloud Computing available at http://www- 03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/26642.ws s
- Slide 30
- Thank you..
View more >
WORKFLOWS IN CLOUD COMPUTING. CONTENTS : Cloud computing The framework of cloud computing Example of cloud computing Benefits of cloud computing.
INTRODUCTION TO CLOUD COMPUTING ggg UNDERSTANDING CLOUD COMPUTING UNDERSTANDING CLOUD COMPUTING DEFINITION CLOUD COMPUTING.
Syllabus of Cloud Computing - Of Cloud of Cloud Computing ... Basics of Private cloud infrastructure ... Cloud as PaaS, SaaS c. Cloud Computing Programming Introduction
1 Introduction to Cloud Computing. 2 Outline Defining Cloud Computing Evolution of Cloud Computing Characteristics of a Cloud Cloud Computing.
Definition of Cloud computing Definition of Cloud computing Structure of Cloud computing Structure of Cloud computing Characteristics of Cloud computing.
Cloud Computing Cloud Computing Class-1. Introduction to Cloud Computing In cloud computing, the word cloud (also phrased as "the cloud") is used as a.
Cloud Computing and Big Data. Outline … Cloud computing definition Cloud computing service model Cloud computing service provider in Indonesia Cloud computing.
CLOUD COMPUTING. What is cloud computing ? History Virtualization Cloud Computing hardware Cloud Computing services Cloud Architecture Advantages & Disadvantages.
Presented by: Mostafa Magdi. Contents Introduction. Cloud Computing Definition. Cloud Computing Characteristics. Cloud Computing Key features. Cost Virtualization.