collaboration & the digital humanities
Post on 30-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe slides from my opening comments at "Links and Kinks in the Chain: Collaboration in the Digital Humanities"
- 1. Humanists go for status: Social Networking & Collaboration Jason B. Jones / CCSU http://www.profhacker.com Jason.email@example.com / @jbj
2. Worlds of Wordcraft 3.
- Flickr user av8pix / CC licensed
4. The saddest extension cord in higher ed 5.
- Flickr user david silver / CC licensed
- Flickr user bionicteaching / CC licensed
7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. Points for Discussion
- For most faculty (non-research schools; contingent), DH exacerbates local resource & isolation problems.
- Institution-based models of collaboration are 20thC, even if they are new to humanists.
- Social networks loose conversational contexts (danah boyd) provide lightweight models for collaboration.