communities of practice: transforming teaching and learning across south african schools and...
out of 16
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Communities of Practice: Transforming Teaching and Learning across South African Schools and Contexts November 2015
- 2. Join the conversation online #GELPedu
- 3. BRIDGE: Linking Innovators in Education in South Africa
- 4. Where does BRIDGE work?
- 5. BRIDGEs focus areas
- 6. www.bridge.org.za/knowledge-hub/
- 7. Post-school access collaboration
- 8. Donor collaboration
- 9. The SA Extraordinary Schools Coalition
- 10. Non-negotiables Student centred approach Planning is essential No chalk and talk. Engagement Building relationships - seeing the children Continuous measurement Differentiation Routine structure what to expect Integration Community of Engagement Teach for understanding
- 11. SAESC Innovations School peer review Domain 1 Leadership and Management Domain 2 Teaching and Learning Domain 3 Culture and Climate Domain 4 School and Community Aspiring leaders programme Global Teachers Institute ESTEP Programme AXIS Summit
- 12. The SA Extraordinary Schools Coalition
- 13. Reflection and discussion How can this sort of work be taken to scale without compromising its developmental spirit and making it bureaucratic?
- 14. 10 factors for successful collaboration Respond to a need and share an understanding of the need Develop trust first Work together to develop vision and strategy Set goals Have champions and drivers Be willing to change in your role as initiator or champion Share ownership Be flexible, developmental, iterative and open to ideas Have a democratic approach to governance, hosting and responsibility Understand that change takes time!
- 15. Contact BRIDGE firstname.lastname@example.org www.bridge.org.za Facebook: BridgeProjectSA Twitter: @BridgeProjectSA
View more >