companion guide to the grouchy ladybug
out of 38
Post on 23-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Kindergarten Art Project: The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle Amy Zschaber www.artfulartsyamy.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Read The Grouchy Ladybug
- 3. Whats a ladybug?
- 4. Who is the main character of The Grouchy Ladybug?
- 5. What happens in The Grouchy Ladybug?
- 6. Eric Carle wrote and made art for The Grouchy Ladybug
- 7. Eric Carle paints paper. Then he cuts and glues paper to make art
- 8. We are going to paint paper today. We will use it next time to make ladybugs. What color are ladybugs?
- 9. Paint your paper red. Make sure lots of texture and streaks appear!
- 10. We painted our ladybug paper red
- 11. What shape should we use for our ladybugs body? square circle triangle
- 12. Ladybugs have spots. What color are a ladybugs spots?
- 13. Ladybug counting presentation from author: http://goo.gl/FtaMZL
- 14. What shape should we use for our ladybugs body? square circle triangle
- 15. Trace your circle on red painted paper
- 16. Cut out your red circle
- 17. Can you make your body look like these lines?!
- 18. Make different lines on your blue paper
- 19. Draw a leaf on green paper
- 20. Draw different lines on your green leaf
- 21. Cut out your green leaf
- 22. Glue your green leaf to your blue paper
- 23. Glue your red circle on your blue paper. It might be nice if sits on your green leaf!
- 24. Draw a straight black line through your red circle
- 25. Ladybugs have spots. What color are a ladybugs spots?
- 26. How many circles will your ladybug have? Draw black circles on your red ladybug
- 27. How many legs does a ladybug have? 1 One 2 Two 3 Three 4 Four 5 Five 6 Six
- 28. Cut your black paper to make 6 (six) rectangles
- 29. Glue the black legs to the ladybugs body 1 2 3 4 5 6
- 30. What color is a ladybugs head?
- 31. Take your crayon for a walk and draw a circle on your black paper
- 32. Cut out your black circle and glue it to your red ladybug
- 33. Take 2 (two) bottlecaps and glue them to your red ladybug to make eyes
- 34. 1. What color is a ladybugs body? 2. What color is a ladybugs legs and head? 3. How many legs does a ladybug have? 4. What does a zig-zag line look like? 5. What is the name of the book we read? 6. Who wrote the book we read? 7. What shape is a ladybugs body? What do you remember?
View more >