complete issb book
Post on 22-Jan-2017
Embed Size (px)
1 | P a g e
2 | P a g e
Contents Selection Process at ISSB Abbreviations Pointer Stories Picture Stories Writing Events(Part Of Bio-Data Form) Words Association Test Sentence Completion Tests (English) Sentence Completion Tests (Urdu) Group Discussion Topics Mathematics Questions Questions Related To Common Sense Interview Questions Important Countries And Their Capitals Pakistan Army Religion (Islam) General Knowledge Sets Group Planning
Contact #: 0322-5411956
3 | P a g e
Selection Process at ISSB If you want to join Pak army, you must have to get a recommendation from Inter Service
Selection Board (I.S.S.B.).This institute is developed to select the fit candidates to serve as
commissioned officers in Pak Army. There are a variety of tests taken in I.S.S.B to examine
the hidden abilities of candidates.
I.S.S.B (Inter Services Selection Board)
Inter Services Selection Board is the institution based on the following three parts.
Group Testing Officer (G.T.O)
The I.S.S.B is like a voting system and a candidate have to get only one vote, voted by the
above persons. The above mentioned officers are the selectors of I.S.S.B and their duty is to
examine the candidate and recommend to the General Head Quarters.
Following are the tests Taken in the I.S.S.B,
Screen Out Test
Psychological tests (Indoor Tasks)
Tests Taken By G.T.O (Outdoor and Indoor Tasks)
Deputy and psychologist Interviews
After clearing the above mentioned tests, you will be recommended to join Pak Army as a
commissioned officer and will be called for training at Pakistan Military Academy KAKOL.
4 | P a g e
Screen Out Test This test is based on intelligence test in which intelligence of the candidate is calculated by
taking three types of tests as follows
Short verbal M.C.Qs are given in this test for a limited time
In non verbal section M.C.Qs are provided and these questions are based different
types of diagrams with different types of shapes and sequences.
Mechanical Aptitude Test
In mechanical section mechanical approach of the candidate is examined by
different types of mechanisms in various diagrams. Candidate has to solve the
questions in limited time.
Psychological Tests Psychological Tests are taken by the Psychologist.
In these tests psychological approach of the candidate is filtered through following tests.
1. Sentence Completion Test In Urdu
26 incomplete sentences in Urdu are to be filled in by the candidate with in limited
time. (2 Sets)
2. Sentence Completion Test In English
26 incomplete sentences in English are to be filled in with in limited time. (4 Sets)
3. Word Association Test In English (100 Words)
100 words are played on projector the time gap between two words is 9 t0 10
seconds and the candidate have to make a sentence with in time.
4. Story Writing In English (4 Stories)
5. Pictures are displayed on projector for 30 seconds and you have to think a story and
3 minutes are provided for story writing.
6. An interview by physiologist.
5 | P a g e
The main goal of short time is to calculate the actual mental approach of the candidate
so your approach should be positive while solving the test.
Do not think negative or write down any negative sentence or word in psychological
Always think positive during tests
Do not make negative sentences like kill, murder, accident, death, adult etc
Do not criticize any one
Do not give suggestions
Group Testing Officer (G.T.O) The candidates are divided into groups at least 6 and max. 9. The main aim of these tests is
to examine the abilities of coordination, team working and leadership qualities.
In this test self confidence as well as the behavior of the candidate is examined by G.T.O.
In this test a problem is on a model is explained by G.T.O and candidates have to solve
the problem with in a time limit. Candidates can discuss with each other.
Progressive Group Task (PGT)
In this Task Your Group will have to complete the given task which is the combination of
3 tasks. Time for this task is 40 minutes. Be active and participate in planning and give
your views to complete the task and try to impress other members of your group.
In this test the group of candidates has given a task in a specified area and one of them
is appointed as commander and they have to pass through an area having hurdles and
outbound areas, all candidates are appointed as commander one by one according to
their chest numbers.
Half Command Task (HGT)
6 | P a g e
In this task the group is divided into two sub groups and this time no one is commander
and candidates have to pass through a specified area having hurdles and outbound
In this task no one is commander and group is combined again and the job is same as
above but you have to speak in English in this task.
In this test a candidate have to pass through 9 obstacles within a limited time
A light Interview by G.T.O
When a candidate is appointed as commander G.T.O. takes a light interview of the
candidate including question about his activities, education, intelligence and family back
ground sometimes this interview is same as the interview takes by the deputy President.
Always cooperate with your fellows and do not be a part of leg pulling and imposing your
suggestions and orders on your fellows because forces are the name of coordination and
Final Interview Final Interview is taken by the Deputy President. Interview includes questions about family
background, education, intelligence, mathematics general knowledge and quick response.
Final Selection Final selection of the candidate is made by the president base on the reports of
Psychologist, G.T.O and the Deputy President He is the head of the particular I.S.S.B where
candidate is called for tests & interviews.
7 | P a g e
Try to give short answers
Never tell a lie
Do not make any unnecessary move
Think a little bit before answer
Never say sorry on mathematical questions
You can say sorry for any question regarding education or general knowledge
Do not try to shake hand with the interviewer if he do not do so
You may use a light perfume but not too much hard
Polish your shoes
Do not be shy on adult questions
8 | P a g e
Abbreviations 1. OGRA : OIL AND GAS REGULATERY AUTHORITY
2. PEMRA : PAKISTAN ELECTRONIC MEDIA REGULATORY AUTHORITY
3. NEPRA : NATIONAL ELECTRIC POWER REGULATORY AUTHORITY
4. ISI : INTER SERVISES INTELLIGENCE
5. ISPR : INTER SERVISES PUBLIC RELATIONS
6. RAW : RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS WING
7. CIA : CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
8. CID : CRIME INVESTIGATION AGENCY
9. FIR : FIRST INFORMATION REPORT
10. SHO : STATION HOUSE OFFICER
11. UNICEF : UNITED NATIONS INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN EMERGENCY FUND
12. UNHCR : UNITED NATIONS HIGHR COMMISSION FOR REFUGES
13. FAO : FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL ORGIZATION
14. WHO : WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION
15. NADRA : NATIONAL DATA BASE AND REGISTRATION AUTHORITY
16. CTBT : COPMRIHENSIVE TEST BAN TREATY
17. NPT : NUCLEAR NON-PROLIFIRATION TREATY
18. LASER : LIGHT AMPLIFICATION BY STIMULATED EMISSION OF RADIATIONS.
19. VIRUS : VITAL INFORMATION RESOURCES UNDER SEIGE
20. RAM : RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY
21. ROM : READ ONLY MEMORY
22. ICC : INTERNATIONAL CRICKET BOARD
23. FIFA : FEDRATION OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL
24. FIH : FEDRATION OF INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY
25. WSF : WORLD SQUASH FEDERATION
26. NASA : NATIONAL AERONOTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION
27. SPARCO : SPACE AND UPPER ATMOSPHERE RESEARCH COMMISSION
28. OGDC : Oil And Gas Development Corporation
29. SAARC : South Asian Association For Regional Corporation
9 | P a g e
30. NATO : North Atlantic Treaty Organization
31. SOS : SAVE OUR SOULS
32. SIM : SUBSCRIBER IDENTITY MODULE
33. OGDC : OIL AND GAS DEVOLPMENT CORPORATION
34. FBI : FEDRAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
35. MI : MILITARY INTELLIGENCE