connected car: a simple journey or is it ?
out of 10
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONby Martin Green, May 15th 2014
- Martin Green May 15th May 2014 A Simple Journey or Is It ?
- Electronics Visteon Electronics Today Global Electronics Company 10,000 Employees* 31 facilities in 15 countries* 2011 revenue $1.8 bil* Products strategy Global product platforms, maximising re-use, reducing time to market & improved quality Development of HW, SW and Graphics sub- systems that are re-used across platforms and regions UK Offices in Chelmsford and Coventry Specialization in Displays, Optics, Graphics platforms ( e.g JLR reconfigurable Cluster), HMI implementation and V2X Page 2 Visteon Overview Product Line Portfolio * Includes joint ventures. Driver Information Systems Infotainment & Connected Services User Interfaces and Displays Smartphone Connected Audio
- Electronics Connected Car Eco System OR is it a Battleground Page 3 Mobile Network Data Centers Internet Services DSRC Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 3G, 4G/LT E 3G, 4G/LTE V2X / DSRC Antenna Embedded Modem Infotainment & User Interface CarPlay Project Mode Own the customer, own the revenue BUT Customers dont want to be owned- 75% drop off in renewals AND Consumers flip between Embedded and CE based on cost and convenience RESULT Connected Car Business model is unstable
- Electronics Connected Car by Method A Little More Detail Page 4 Telematics Control Unit / Wireless Gateway Embedded Modem & Wi-Fi Tethered Phone App in the infotainment head unit Connection to cloud via mobile phone Smartphone HMI App on the mobile phone Graphics, voice, data transferred to the car via USB Or Wi-Fi - phone is controlled by car (Mirrorlink, SDL, Apple CarPlay, Google Project Mode) Smartphone App on the mobile phone Voice and data transferred to the car via Bluetooth, USB Or Wi-Fi Phone controlled by car using vehicle HMI There are four methods to connect the Consumer to the cloud each with its own cost and complexity ( excluding DSRC )
- Connected Car Delivery Channels Today - Vehicle manufactures services can be separate and fragmented with back office servers for each delivery channel Page 5 Web/ PC based services Smartphone Services Embedded Services
- Connected Car Delivery Channels Today - Vehicle manufactures services can be separate and fragmented with back office servers for each delivery channel Future - Vehicle manufacturers looking for solutions that will enable a Common Service which is independent of delivery channel Page 6 Embedded OEM Service interface Data Analytics Mobile Application InterfaceApplication InterfaceApplication Interface Ins Content Personal ContentTSP service PC Antenna TCU Network IVI PC Web Browser HMI HMIVehicle (Client) CE Device (Client) Cloud ( Servers) V2X Wireless Con Network RADAR Smartphone/ Tablet Network Wireless Con Smartphone /Tablet Network IVIAudio IVI APP APP Wireless Con ( Mirrorlink) HMI HMI Smartphone/ Tablet Network Wireless Con Audio IVI APP HMI TetheredSmartphone HMISmartphone Web/ PC based services Smartphone Services Embedded Services Vehicle Manufacturers & Suppliers will have to become Cloud IT specialists
- A Simple Journey - Or is it ? Page 7 Denotes Handover 5Ghz LTE Band 3 Vodafone Rural External Connections Internal Connections Wi-Fi5G Ch. 75 LTE B3Mobile- Phone BT HFP LTE B3 Wi-Fi2G Ch. 2 V2X DSRC No transmission Virtual Private Network BT FON EAP SIM & Split Billing
- A Simple Journey - Or is it ? Page 8 Denotes Handover 5Ghz LTE Band 3 Vodafone Arquiva 2 GHz Urban CanyonRural External Connections Internal Connections Wi-Fi5G Ch. 75 LTE B3Mobile- Phone BT HFP LTE B3 LTE Band 5 O2 Carr. Agg LTE B3 LTE B5 Wi-Fi2G Ch. 2 Wi-Fi2G Ch. 2 Carr.Agg VoLTE V2X DSRC Sporadic Transmission No transmission Virtual Private Network Slow Traffic BT FON EAP SIM & Split Billing
- A Simple Journey - Or is it ? Page 9 A simple journey by car in 2020 could involve a complex sequence of wireless hand-overs, data connections and payment recovery for the phone and the car Denotes Handover 5Ghz 0.9 GHz USA 0.7 GHz EULTE Band 3 Vodafone LTE Band 7 Vodafone Arquiva 2 GHz Urban CanyonRural External Connections Internal Connections Wi-Fi5G Ch. 75 LTE B3Mobile- Phone BT HFP LTE B3 LTE Band 5 O2 Carr. Agg LTE B3 LTE B5 Wi-Fi2 Ch.6 Wi-Fi2 Ch. 2 Wi-Fi0.9 Ch. 4 LTE Band 7 VoIP BT HFP Wi-Fi2G Ch. 2 Wi-Fi2G Ch. 2 MPTCP CoMP Carr.Agg Wi-Fi0.9 Ch. 4 VoLTE V2X DSRC Sporadic Transmission Multi Car transmission environment Adaptive hierarchy required -!!!!! No transmission Virtual Private Network City Slow Traffic BT FON EAP SIM & Split Billing
- Page 10 www.visteon.com
View more >