creative dumpster diving
Post on 23-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONLeigh Morlock discusses her methodologies in sussing out trends in the fashion world.
2. Creative Dumpster Diving
An Exercise in Trend Research
3. Creative Dumpster Diving
5. What is trend research?
The combination of:
Analysis of socio-cultural movements &
Analysis of fashion & lifestyle trends
To define major trends for the future.
6. How we feel determines what we want to purchase.
-- Spring is a festive season of celebration, therefore we want bold + lively
-- Less restraint = surprise combinations of color, styles, and trims
--Desire for escapism, travel & glamour will be reflected in fashion
-- theme of Earth : being inspired by surroundings
Spring 2012 Quick Overview
7. Spring 2012 Mood & Color
-- bright + bold colors
-- nautical elements
-- lively mood
-- mix of rustic & sophisticated elements
8. Spring: Colors & Patterns
9. Spring: Bags & Details
10. Time to Dumpster Dive A Look At Fall 2012
First step: research all the trend directions + moods.
11. For The Boys feminizing menswear. Adding glamour to masculine shapes.
12. -- Glamping Glamourous camping
-- Rustic sophisticate, reinventing the lumberjack.
13. -- Enchanted, fantastical forest.
-- Flirty, daydream quality
14. -- Prep of back-to-school, but daring & bold
15. Step 2: Filter Trends
The Push Pull Lens:
Ikat, closely resembles tie-dye
Modern, fresh, bold, sophisticated
Fashionable + functional
Emphasis on craftsmanship
16. Push Pull Fall/Winter 2012-12 Seasonal Direction:
-- unexpected glamour
-- tough & tender: mixing masculine + feminine details
-- liberating prep school style
-- flirty, feminine styles with menswear inspired prints
-- spirited, inventive, daring
-- mixing materials and finishes: matte + shiny
17. Step 3: Determine direction for Key Areas
19. Bag Styles