de leon restaurant
out of 30
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Jeremiahs Restaurant
- Picture of kalderetang baka
- Beef kaldereta ingredients 1 kilo beef, cut into chunks 1 big can (350g) liver spread or ground liver 5 onions, minced 5 cloves garlic, minced 6 tomatoes, sliced 1 cup tomato sauce 3 green peppers, diced 3 red peppers, diced 4 pieces hot chilli peppers, minced 3/4 cup grated cheese 2 cups beef stock or water 1/4 cup cooking or olive oil
- Kaldereta Cooking instructions n a casserole, saut: garlic and onions in oil. Then add tomatoes, red & green pepper and chilli peppers. Add in the beef, tomato sauce, liver spread and water or stock. Salt to taste and let simmer for at least 1 hour or until the beef is tender. Add cheese and olives (optional) and continue to simmer until the sauce thickens. Serve with plain rice
- Picture of Kare-kare
- Kare-kare Recipe 3 lbs oxtail (cut in 2 inch slices) you an also use tripe or beef slices 1 small banana flower bud (sliced) 1 bundle of pechay or bok choy 1 bundle of string beans (cut into 2 inch slices) 4 pcs eggplants (sliced) 1 cup ground peanuts 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup shrimp paste 34 Ounces water (about 1 Liter) 1/2 cup annatto seeds (soaked in a cup of water) 1/2 cup toasted ground rice 1 tbsp garlic, minced 1 large onion, chopped salt and pepper
- Cooking procedure of kare-kare In a large pot, bring the water to a boil Put in the oxtail followed by the onions and simmer for 2.5 to 3 hrs or until tender (35 minutes if using a pressure cooker) Once the meat is tender, add the ground peanuts, peanut butter, and coloring (water from the annatto seed mixture) and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes Add the toasted ground rice and simmer for 5 minutes On a separate pan, saute the garlic then add the banana flower, eggplant, and string beans and cook for 5 minutes Transfer the cooked vegetables to the large pot (where the rest of the ingredients are) Add salt and pepper to taste Serve hot with shrimp paste. Enjoy!
- Picture of Tinolang Manok
- Ingredients of Tinolang Manok 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces (or any choice cuts of your liking like thighs, drumsticks or wings) 1 thumb-sized fresh ginger root, cut into strips 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 onion, chopped 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce) salt, to taste 4 to 5 cups water (or rice water 2nd washing) 2 to 3 sayote (chayote squash), quartered (or green, unripe papaya or potatoes) 1 cup sili (chili) leaves or malunggay or substitute 1/2 lb. spinach vegetable oil
- Tinolang manok cooking procedure In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saut ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add onions, stir-fry until softened and translucent. Add chicken cuts. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken colors slightly. Salt to taste. Pour in water (or rice water, if using). Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer until chicken is half-done. Add in chayote (or papaya or potatoes, if using). Continue simmering until chicken and vegetable are tender. Correct seasonings and then add chili leaves or malunggay or substitute. Stir to combine until well blended. Remove from heat. Let stand for a few minutes to cook the green vegetables. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Picture of spaghetti
- Spaghetti ingredients 1 kg. spaghetti noodles 1/2 kg. ground beef 1/2 kg. ground pork 1/4 kg. hotdogs, diagonally sliced 1 kg. tomato sauce 3 pieces laurel leaves (bay leaves) 1/4 cup brown or white sugar 2 green bell peppers, diced 2 onions, chopped 1 head garlic, minced 3 tablespoons of cooking oil 1 cup of water Salt and pepper to taste 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Spaghetti cooking instruction Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. In a sauce pan or wok, sauta garlic and onions in cooking oil. Add ground beef, ground pork, laurel leaves, bell pepper and a cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste then let simmer for another 10 minutes Add brown sugar and hotdogs. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with the cooked spaghetti noodles and grated cheese on top.
- Carbonara picture
- Carbonara ingredients 500 grams Fettucine noodles(or any desired pasta) 1 can evaporated milk 250 ml all purpose cream 1 can creamed of mushroomsoup 200 grams sweet ham 200 grams bacon 1 head garlic, minced 1 onion, minced 1 teaspoon ground pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil 250 grams grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped(optional)
- Carbonara procedure Part 1 1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside. Part 2 2. Fry the bacon but not too crispy. drain and cut into small pieces. Set aside. 3. Fry the ham, drain and cut into small square pieces. Set aside. Part 3 4. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add 3/4 of fried bacon and ham. 5. Add evaporated milk and creamed mushroom soup. 6. Add the all purpose cream and grated parmesan cheese. Stir and bring to boil. 7. Season with ground pepper. 8. Add more evaporated milk or a cup of water if the sauce is too creamy or salty. 9. Simmer until beginning to thicken. Remove from heat. 10. Prepare pasta on pasta tray, top with grated Parmesan cheese together with the remaining bacon and ham bits and chopped parsley. 11. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy
- Baked macaroni picture
- Baked macaroni ingredients 1/2lb sliced bacon (diced) 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni 2 cups milk cup butter 2 tablespoons flour 1 teaspoon onion salt ground black pepper (to taste) 2 (10 ounce) blocks sharp white cheddar cheese (shredded) 1 cup breadcrumbs cup butter (melted)
- Baked macaroni cooking instruction Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease the bottom of a medium casserole dish. In a large skillet over medium-high heat fry bacon (in batches if necessary) until crisp. Step 2: Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking in a saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Blend in the flour onion salt, and pepper until smooth. Slowly whisk in the milk, a little at a time getting rid of any lumps. Add shredded cheese until the sauce has become thick. Step 3: Drain noodles, and in a bowl stir them into the cheese sauce. Mix in bacon. Pour the noodle mixture into the casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bread crumbs mixture over the noodles in the casserole dish. Step 4: Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Chocolate ice cream picture
- Chocolate Ice cream ingredients 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk 4 teaspoons corn starch 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream 1 cup (250 ml) evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed milk) 2/3 cup (130 gr) sugar 2 tablespoons (60 gr) light corn syrup 1/3 cup (35 gr) unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch-process 3 ounces (85 gr) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- Chocolate ice cream preparation 1. Making a slurry by mixing a few tablespoons of the milk with the corn starch in a small bowl, until smooth. 2. In a 4-quart (4l) saucepan, heat the rest of the milk, cream, evaporated milk, sugar, and corn syrup. When the mixture comes to a moderate boil, whisk in the cocoa powder, then let it cook at a modest boil for 4 minutes. 3. After four minutes, whisk in the corn starch slurry then continue to cook for one minute, stirring constantly with a spatula, until slightly thickened. 4. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate and salt, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla or chocolate extract. 5. Transfer the ice cream mixture into a zip-top plastic bag then submerge the bag into a bowl filled with ice, and let sit until cool, about 30 minutes. (If necessary, add more ice during the cooling period.) 6. Remove the bag from the ice bath and wipe off any excess water. Pour the mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker, then freeze according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Leche flan Picture
- Leche flan ingredients 10 pieces raw eggs 1 small can condensed milk 1
View more >