dell marketing strategy @gd
out of 19
Post on 18-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Presentation on DELL Presented By:GAURAV DAKHORE 2012189
- 2. 1. INTRODUCTION Dell is an American multinational computer technology company. At age 19, Michael Dell founded PC's Limited. Head Quarter : 1 Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas, US Michael Dell Industry : Computer hardware, Computer software, IT consulting, IT services Dell is listed at number 51 in the Fortune 500 list (2013) In 2010, Dell India became the #1 PC brand in India with a market share of more than 15 percent. ( IDC Q2CY10 Pulse Tracker)
- 3. ITS ABOUT DELL (VIDEO)
- 4. 2. STPD : Segmentation DEMOGRAPHIC : No age, gender or race bias but income, occupation & education GEOGRAPHIC : US, EMEA and APJ PSYCHOGRAPHIC : Lifestyle, Interests BEHAVIORAL : benefits sought by consumers such as low price with good quality & service
- 5. STPD : Target Market A) RELATIONSHIP CUSTOMERS : large corporations, government and education sectors, Small & Medium Business B) TRANSACTIONAL CUSTOMERS : individual customers who is price-sensitive looking for low cost, more reliable, quality service and added value products.
- 6. STPD : Positioning & Differentiation POSITIONING : In the early days, Dell positioned itself as a premium computer company through an easy and convenient internet-based sales. Gradually this further growth and increased advertising managed to establish Dell's position in consumers' minds and presented it as an aggressive, value-oriented computer manufacturer. DIFFERENTIATION: Was Pioneer in Customize to order, Low cost with Good quality, Direct to customer (Channel differentiation)
- 7. STPD OF DELL LAPTOPS Product Segmentation Target Positioning Differentiation Inspiron Basic Laptop All classes Everyday Essential Low cost with quality Inspiron R Laptop (Multimedia) Youth Multimedia Power High specifications XPS Ultrabook High class Youth Premium Laptop Alienware Laptop (Gaming) Gamers (Urban Extreme youth) Gaming Ultralight with specifications High performance & graphics
- 8. 3. MARKET SITUATION HP is leading the PC market desktop, notebook and tablets in India with 31.4% market share in the second quarter of 2013. Dell is in the second position with 11% market share in India. Total PC shipments in India rose 27.2 percent to 47,32,410 in the second quarter of 2013 Dell is listed at number 51 in the Fortune 500 list (2013)
- 9. MARKET SITUATION India Vs. Global
- 10. 4. COMPETITION ANALYSIS
- 11. 5. SUSTAINABLE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE Direct to Customer business model. Dell brand is one of best known in the world. No inventory build up Low cost with high quality Order to customize Best 24x7 Customer support Direct sales channels and direct customer relationship
- 12. 6. ADVERTISING & SALES PROMOTION STRATEGY Advertisements in television, Internet, magazines, catalogues and newspapers. Social Networking. A Popular Phrase "Dude, you're gettin' a Dell! was used to market its Products. In 2007, Dell began using the slogan "Yours is here" to say that it customizes computers to fit customers' requirements. Dell to run month long sales promotion campaign 'Dell Se'
- 13. TVC OF DELL (MASTI KA PITAARA)
- 14. 7. BRAND STRATEGY Dell is on the 61st rank in Best Global Brands of 2013 with Total Brand equity of 6845 m$. Traditionally a Direct-to-Customer brand. Dells Brand strategy is 100% customer centric. Brand site which features customer stories , articles, case studies and forums. The Power to do more campaign increased overall brand health. Several corporate citizenship initiatives.
- 15. 8. DISTRIBUTION STRATEGY Dell is leader in using supply chain management. Dell sells mostly through Internet (D2C) Dell distributes by using Just-In-Time manufacturing system. DIRECT DISTRIBUTION MODEL Direct distribution allows Dell to eliminate the middleman. Since 2007 restarted distribution through Retailers.
- 16. 9. PRICE STRATEGY Dell follows comparative Lower price to match the customer's expectation of value for money (Comparative Pricing) - Low inventory cost & Direct Distribution Depend on suppliers price (Cost plus Pricing) Customization (Optional feature Pricing) - No price tag effect - Pricing strategy based on customers need
- 17. PRICING OF SOME OF DELL LAPTOPS INSPIRON INSPIRON R ALIENWARE XPS
- 18. BIBLIOGRAPHY http://www.dell.co.in/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/snapshots/10 53.html http://www.slideshare.net/8097174415/dell-corporation-strategy. http://infotechlead.com/2013/08/07/hp-leads-indian-pc-market-with-25share-lenovo-acer-dell-apple-dip-in-q2/. http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24213513 http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/2013/Best-GlobalBrands-2013.aspx
View more >