design an invention
Post on 28-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Design and Invention
- Create an original or transform an original design
- Enable technology and society to advance
- Design may impact on the environment and society
3. Leonardo Da Vinci
- A creative and visionary designer
- Lived in Italy in the 1400 1500s
- Designed a range of inventions from a swinging bridge to flying machines such as a helicopter and a hang glider
- Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts
- He believed in creativity, originality and application of designs
- Used detailed sketches to experiment with different designs
Leonardo Da Vinci 5. Innovative Designs
- As you view the slides comment on the following:
- The purpose and use of the invention.
- List any modern technology that could have been inspired by the inventions.
- List some impacts of the machines on the environment and society.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. ArtistSculptor Musician Physicist Scientist Botanist Mathematician Engineer Astronomist 15. Original FlyingMachine
- You are going to be an original designer!
- Your task is to create a Flying Machine inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci such as a kite or a model of a hang-glider.
- Your Flying Machine must feature an original decoration.
- Begin your sketches!