out of 17
Post on 18-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. DLT Candidate Gerald Michalski World Expo Status Lead Universal Studios Florida
- 2. 1 INTRODUCTION My Name is Gerald Michalski I have been a proud member of Universal Orlando Resorts Park Service Department for almost 5 years now. In my time with this department I have experienced many of the opportunities offered by both nights and days teams. I have worked my way from an attendant to status lead. My work ethic and personalcode of conduct have served me well to advance through the ranks and earn my strips. After looking over this document you will agree that I am the right choice as the next Park Service Candidate for Developing Leadership Talent Course. A SOLID FOUNDATION My parents instilled in me from the moment I was born a core set of values that have guided me in every aspect of my life. Compassion: a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for anotherwho is stricken bymisfortune, acco mpanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering. Respect: esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, apersonalquality or abilit y, or something considered as a manifestationof a personalquality or ability Open Mind: A mind receptive to different opinions and ideas. Ownership: Do a job the best you can; do a job the best it can be done. CORE VALUES AND BUSINESS The following is how I have used these values to lead my Team here at Universal Orlando Resort: Compassion: There is a belief that being a compassionate person in the work place means you are a weak leader. Many believe that you have to put pressure on employees in order to increase performance. However connecting with others in a meaningful way helps the employee enjoy better mental and physical health. Happy employees also make for a more congenial workplace and improved customer service. Compassion Respect Open-Mind Ownership
- 3. 2 Respect: Team Members universally want to be treated first and foremost with respect. As a Lead I have worked very hard to showall Team Members from a New Hire to Managers the upmost respect. I Treat people with courtesy, politeness,and kindness. When I am working in an area I always encourage Team Members to express opinions and ideas. It is important for me to in turn listen to what others have to say before expressing your viewpoint. I do try not to speakover, butt in, or cut off anotherperson. When a Team Member has an idea to change or improve work I want them to try their idea. I believe that treating Team Members with respect will help ensure a respectful, considerate, professional work place. Open-Mind: In order for me to keep up with the ever changing nature of our business,I must be open to new experiences and new ways of looking at things. It also means that I am willing to change my views when presented with new facts and evidence. Having an open mind helps me to look at more than one way to approach a problem; then find a verity of ways of solving it. When I give myself more options and bettersolutions. Ultimately, having an open mind helps me expand my horizons and be more diverse. Ownership: When I arrive at work I want the work I do to be something to be proud of. The jobs I take on do help my career, but it also helps Universal succeed in their mission. Every day I go above and beyond and really take ownership of every job I do. I want to inspire and motivate my Team Members to action be leading by example. AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT Although I have worked very hard to improve myself to be an effective, and efficient Team Leader I have areas that need to be improved. The following are areas of improvement: Delegating: Although taking Ownership of my area is a strength it is also a weakness. I take great pride in ensuring that my area is the best it can be. In turn I often do many tasks that should be done by my Team Members. The old adage if you want something done right do it yourself describes me very well. This approach has had the unintended consequence ofholding my Team Members from developing skills and more important confidence in their work. I need to step back and allow them to spread their wings and showwhat they can do. Supporting the Management Team: Taking on a great deal of responsibility on my shoulders limits my time that I can spend with my Team during my shift. As a consequence I give the impression that the supervisors have a lot of demands on us and create a stressfulwork environment. In addition I dont spend enough time explaining what is going on in the big picture of the Department. As a leader I need to ensure that I do a betterjob of explaining the reasons for decisions that are made at every level so the Team can better understand howeach part of the machine fits togetherto make a fine tune engine of success.
- 4. 3 PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/WORK HISTORY The following section will highlight not only a 10 year work history but also key professional skills that have shaped me into the ideal candidate for DLT. UNITED STATES AIR FORCE SECURITY FORCES Having proudly enlisted into the United States Air Force after High School I was motivated to serve my country in the wake of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks. I was wide eyed and patriotic when the first time I put on the Uniform of an American Airman. When I left the service I had been transformed into a more mature, and confident young adult. In my time I learned the following: Loyalty Leadership ability Respect, integrity Duty Reliability Working as team members
- 5. 4 ALLIED BARTON SECURITY SERVICES SECURITY GUARD After I left the Air Force I found a profession close to the structure that I was use to when I was serving. As a Security Guard it was my job to maintain the security and safety of people and property in assigned area by patrolling areas on foot and enforcing rules and regulations. After two years of serving as a Guard and Lead I learned the following skills: Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures. Skill in both verbal and written communication. Skill in observing situations and decision making. Skill in dealing courteously with public.
- 6. 5 ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER/TRANIER After working 2 years as a Security Officer the District Manager of Buffalo saw fit to permute me to the newly created position of Operations Manager and District Trainer. I would serve in this position for 3 years. During my time in this positon I learned the following skills: Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits. Ordering, tracking, and issuing Uniforms to officers in the district Maintaining personnelfiles Ordering Supplies for the office Training New and Current Security Officers in the district as per NYS Security rules and regulations.
- 7. 6 AMERICAN RED CROSS CPR/AED FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR: As part of my position with AlliedBarton Security I was required to be certified as an American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor. As an instructorI learned the following skill sets: Speak in a clear manner in order to ensure understanding from those attending the class. Possess good communications skills: verbal and written Have a good comprehension/knowledge of American Red Cross CPR/AED and First Aid curriculum Manages all equipment and inventory in my possession.This may include transporting,unloading and set-up the necessary materials and supplies needed to teach classes and return the materials to the prescribed location. At conclusion of class, I am responsible for the cleaning and any maintenance of the equipment. Responsible for applying quality assurance and control programs. Integrates quality improvement activities and measures in overall service provision. Ensure that the proper safety measures are in place to protect customers and staff who participate in the training activities.
- 8. 7 IOA PARK SERVICE NIGHTS ATTENDENT: After leaving my position with AlliedBarton due to a rising cost of living in Buffalo NY and lack of advancement opportunity I moved to Orange City Florida. Once I arrived I looked for a company that would offer me the opportunity to grow in professional career and advancement opportunity. I started working for Universal Orlando Park Service Nights on March 15, 2010. While on night I completed the following: Performing job duties of Park Attendant.Maintaining park quality standards by thoroughly performing all cleaning duties. Performing other duties as assigned. Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures,training and team member involvement activities Restaurant Cleaner Attraction Cleaner High Reach Operator Hoser Operator Spotter Ride Vehicle Detailer Baler Operator Trainer Warehouse,Utility, Shops,and Floors Specialist
- 9. 8 UNIVERSAL STUDIOS PARK SERVICE ATTENDENT: After working two years on Night I decided to return to college to pursue a degree in the Medical Field. Due to the school schedule I would have to follow working at night would not be possible for my success in my studies. With the help of former Supervisor Ilsen Fontes I applied and was allowed to transfer to USF Park Service Days. While on days I completed the following: Performing job duties of Park Attendant.Maintaining park quality standards by thoroughly performing all cleaning duties. Performing other duties as assigned. Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures,training and team member involvement activities Male Restroom Attendant Detailer RTC Billy Goat Operator Trainer Baler Operator
- 10. 9 UNIVERSAL ORLANDO PARK SERVICE LEAD: After working on days for about a year I was asked by then
View more >
Lecture 3: Camera Calibration, DLT, SVD - ?· Lecture 3: Camera Calibration, DLT, SVD 1 The Inner Parameters…
Human Quality Management - dlt dlt-2015. ?· von Management und Arbeit im Unternehmen ... Flexibilisierung…
Durchlauftrger DLT - frilo.eu FRILO Software GmbH Seite 3 Durchlauftrger DLT Hinweis: Diese Dokumentation beschrnkt sich auf die Eurocode-spezifische Beschreibung
ITU-T Technical Report ii FG DLT D1.2 (2019-08): DLT overview, concepts, ecosystem Summary This technical
DLT 1300AS DLT 1300AS 02 - Ferrovicmar de la bomba. Si la inactividad perdura es conveniente limpiar
Compaq DLT User Guide - Ge DLT User Guide User Guide Second Edition (March 1998) Part Number 185292-002 Compaq Computer Corporation