Do you snore? Find out why and what you can do about it!
out of 7
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. WHAT SNORING MIGHT MEAN by Dr. Craig Barney www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY
- 2. OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA Despite how common snoring is considered to be, it is actually not normal and may indicate some serious health problems. Snoring isnt the result of intoxication or exhaustion, it involves a health condition called Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) Here are some tips on how to reduce snoring and to get some good nights sleep: www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY
- 3. WEIGHT LOSS A weight loss program is highly recommended especially for those who are overweight. Maintaining a healthy weight and a balanced diet may reduce snoring and apnea episodes. It may also improve the quality of sleep. www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY
- 4. AVOID DOWNERS www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY Alcohol and tranquilizers can depress your nervous system. These substances relax the muscles of your throat which increases the likelihood of snoring. Alcohol and tranquilizers worsen sleep apnea, resulting in a higher possibility of getting cardiovascular diseases.
- 5. CONTINUOUS POSITIVE AIRFLOW PRESSURE www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY A treatment called Continuous Positive Airflow Pressure (CPAP) is recommended to alleviate sleep apnea. Patients with OSA who used CPAP treatment feel better when sleeping, have less daytime drowsiness, and have more memory and concentration.
- 6. DENTAL DEVICES www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY Besides CPAP, the SomnoDent is also used by patients who suffer from OSA. This appliance is a tailor-made dental device that allows normal mouth closing and opening. It is adjustable and has different levels of lower jaw advancement, improving the comfort-level of treatment.
- 7. REGULAR CHECK-UPS www.kennewickdental.net DR. CRAIG BARNEY Consult with an expert to see whether a sleep study is necessary if snoring is getting worse. Taking this first step prior to beginning any medical treatment prevents inaccurate diagnosis or premature dismissal of sleep apnea. They may also refer you to a sleep specialist, if needed.
View more >
Bullying: What You Can Do About It - Safe Schools ?· Bullying: What You Can Do About It Harassment,…