eckert star chart
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Texas STAR Chart for Educators Texas Teacher School Technology and Readiness Chart
- 2. The purpose of the Texas Teacher STaR Chart is to assist all classroom teachers in assessing their personal needs and setting professional goals for the use of technology in the classroom to support student achievement. If your district receives Title II, D funding, teachers are required to complete the Teacher STaR Chart. Why do I need to fill out a STaR Chart?
- 3. Self-Assessment will be made in 4 key technology areas: Teaching and Learning Educator Preparation and Development Leadership, Administration and Instructional Support Infrastructure for technology
- 4. All Teachers, Skills Specialists, Testing Coordinators, Librarians, SpEd, Counselors, Assist. Principals, and the School Principal needs to complete the STaR Chart. (any certified professional who works with students) Who needs to complete a STaR Chart?
- 5. Early Tech Developing Tech Advanced Tech Target Tech
- 6. https://www.txstarchart.org/Login.aspx
- 7. Teachers enter their log in names provided to you and the password you used last year. Or Click to request your password if you dont remember it from last year. Use your username (or user ID) that was provided for you (example Tom.Jones). REMEMBER if you do not remember your password click on the user ID section below. This will send you the password to your aldine.k12 email address
- 8. If your email address is blank you will need to use the username provided and your temporary password is password Dont forget to update your profile Use your username (or user ID) that was provided for you (example Tom.Jones). REMEMBER if you do not remember your password click on the user ID section below. This will send you the password to your aldine.k12 email address Username is not case- sensitive
- 9. New and blank email Teachers follow the onscreen directions, set their password, and click on update. ALL TEACHERS Update your email to the google email (aldineisd.org), grade you are teaching, and subject you are teaching! Update email to google
- 10. Each Teacher will receive an email with a link to take you back to the web to complete your STaR Chart Self Assessment. ***remember all emails can be checked via Gmail (since your mail is forwarded to this account) check your SPAM as well.just in case
- 11. Teachers self- assess their tech levels etc to complete their STaR Chart profile.
- 12. Your self- assessment will be summarized on this page when the STaR Chart is completed.
- 13. STaR charts must be completed by THURSDAY, January 15, 2015 AT 12 NOON Dont forget to click Submit when finished! The district has millions of dollars in funding dependent on this survey! SEE MR. HARRIS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS