economic bust the 1920’s. show brainpop: great depression causes great depression causesgreat...
out of 14
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Economic Bust The 1920s
- Slide 2
- Show brainpop: Great Depression Causes Great Depression CausesGreat Depression Causes Continue with ppt
- Slide 3
- I. Stock Market Crash On Tuesday, October 29, 1929, stock prices plummeted. This became known as Black Tuesday.
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Cycle of Disaster many businesses went bankrupt Businesses cut production Workers suffered from wage cuts and lay offs. People had little or no money to spend. Demand for goods fell.
- Slide 6
- Many people lost their life savings. Banking System When the stock market crashed, people could not repay their loans to the bank. Therefore, banks couldnt give depositors their money and banks closed. Brainpop: Great DepressionGreat Depression
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Why cant you give my dad a job? Taken from Minnesota Historical Society http://shop.mnhs.org/pages.cfm?id=57 http://shop.mnhs.org/pages.cfm?id=57
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Notes in tri-fold Economic Boom Economic BustThe New Deal Mass production Assembly Line Henry Ford-car People buy things on credit using installment plans Electricity more common New entertainment- Movies, radio Aviation began Roaring Twenties Black Tues-Oct 29, 1929 Stock Market Crash Unemployment rose Debt increased Bank failures Factories & Businesses Closed Hoovervilles Dust Bowl Great Depression
- Slide 11
- Famous book of the Depression..
- Slide 12
- Orson Wells infamous broadcast of a fake attack from MarsFrom the HG Wells book War of the Worlds..scared countless people.
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Great Depression Shuffle The Good Life!, Credit, debt Crash!, Crash! Black Tuesday, Broke, poor Hungry, hungry Unemployment, Help, help Tennessee Pearl Harbor!,Hawaii 1920s Boom! New Appliances, Installment Plan Sell Those Stocks! October, 1929 Wheres my job? Breadlines, soup kitchen FDR-New Deal Alphabet Soup TVA-electricity War!, War!
View more >