out of 21
Post on 03-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1 4 5 2 3 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
- Egypt Created by Mr. Raponi
- The main river of Egypt, known as the
- ___________________ of Egypt, is the
- ___________________ which supplies 85% of the countrys water supply.
- Egypt has three major land areas.
- Nile River Valley
- Sinai Peninsula
- Desert Areas
- Flood Control
- The Nile River Valley has rich soil formed by
- ____________, or particles of Earth deposited by water. In ancient times, flood waters left great amounts of this, but dams have helped control the flooding.
- The Nile River spreads out into a broad wedge of farmland called a
- _________________, or a triangle-shaped area of land at a rivers mouth.
- Sinai Peninsula
- This section is not actually in Africa but is a part of Southwestern
- This is an extremely important area that helps to connect Africa to Asia.
- Here you will find the
- __________________ which helps ships pass from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea.
- West of the Nile River is
- the ________________ Desert that covers 2/3 of Egypts land area.
- Just east of the Nile River
- lies the _______________ Desert.
- Both of these deserts are parts of the largest desert in the world, the
- ___________________, which is the size of the Unites States of America
- Only ______ of Egypts land is good for farming and it lies in the fertile Nile River Valley.
- Farmers grow vegetables, sugarcane and wheat. However, cotton is their
- Until the 1960s, Egyptian farmers could only plant once a year after the flooding of the Nile had gone away.
- In 1968, the
- ______________________ was built to control flooding.
- The Aswan High Dam provides hydroelectric power to Egypts industries.
- The largest industrial centers are the capital city,
- ________________ and the seaport Alexandria.
- Factories mainly produce food products, textiles, and
- ______________________, or household goods.
- The People
- Most Egyptians live
- within ______________ of the Nile River.
- This means that 99% of Egypts population lives on only 3.5% of the land.
- About 55% of the people live in rural cities, and are farmers that are known as the
- City Life
- ________________, the capital, is a huge city of almost 20 million people and is the largest city in Africa.
- Cairos mosques, schools, and universities make it a leading center of the Muslim world.
- Egypt was the site of one of the most advanced civilizations in the world. Ancient Egyptians used
- _______________________, or written picture symbols.
- Mummies are a huge part of the history of Egypt, BUT WHAT ARE THEY??
- The tomb was robbed twice.
- King Tut became King at age 9.
- Historians believe he died at age 18 in 1323 BC .
- After 3,000 years the tomb was discovered by Howard Carter in 1922.
- Egypt became a republic in 1953 and was led by General
- Under Nasser, Egypt became the most powerful country of the Arab world. He angered many European countries by taking over the Suez Canal.
- To win the canal back, many European nations invaded Egypt. The United Nations persuaded the Europeans to settle.
View more >