Engage - Social Media
Post on 22-Jan-2018
- 1. Social Media Engaging your Customers Nina Goodwin @Cosmic_UK
- 2. Housekeeping Fire alarms and exits; Mobile phones/tablets; Toilets.
- 3. Introductions Please introduce yourself to the rest of the group; your business and your expectations from this workshop.
- 4. Agenda Background to Connecting and Somerset & Get Up To Speed; Introduction to Social Media; interesting facts and figures; Social Media Engagement Ladder Listening, sharing and creating good content; Live demo of Twitter and Facebook Ask questions Clinics.
- 5. Connecting Devon and Somerset A ground breaking partnership encompassing 6 LA areas to deliver improved and superfast broadband to rural areas Improved broadband (>2mbps) to every business and community across Devon and Somerset by 2016 Faster broadband (>24mbps) to at least 90% of the area by 2016 Without this project 700,000 residents and 26,000 businesses, with a combined turnover of 9 billion, have no certainty of receiving improved or superfast broadband from a commercial rollout
- 6. Update March 2015 More than 100,000 homes and businesses in the two counties now have access to fibre broadband as a result of the CDS Almost 90% of those can access speeds in excess of 24mbps
- 7. Without the programme
- 8. Phase 1 - coverage
- 9. How do I know when superfast is coming? connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk/where-and-when/
- 10. What is Get up to speed? Fully funded business and community support alongside roll-out of superfast broadband Helping to ensure we all make the most out of the superfast broadband Delivered by Cosmic Peninsula Consortium
- 11. At Work Communicate effectively online reducing need to travel Extend market reach better use of web and social media Save costs using Cloud technologies Collaborate and manage projects remotely Become more flexible - work on-the-go Compete with urban, national and international businesses Background estimate 2016 23% of GDP will be spent online
- 12. At home Everyone using the connection at the same time Reduce social isolation - connect with family & friends using video conferencing Work from home more efficiently Watch, listen and read TV, music and ebooks Better connected to services, health, social care, government Background increasing services delivered online and future planning of health & care services
- 13. What are we doing? Free sessions; Showcase new technologies; Hands-on Workshops tablets, smart phones, internet beginners; Gadget shows; Seminars; Briefings; Taster sessions; Signposting to other services.
- 14. Sessions Planned
- 15. What can you do to help? Host a session in work, in your community, in your Association? Support the message Become a champion Distribute leaflets in your area Distribute leaflets from work Any other ideas?
- 16. So whats changed in business?
- 17. Advertising TV Mail shots PR Radio Print Old world customer marketing
- 18. PR Search TV Mobile Social media Radio Print affili ate Webi nars PPC Email Rapid Fragmented Two way Website New world marketing
- 19. Be Social
- 20. Listen Google Alerts Twitter Feedly Share & converse Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Pinterest Newsletter Content creation & Broadcast You Tube Blog Flickr iTunes/podcasts Community building Forum Facebook Groups LinkedIn Groups Virtual worlds Social media engagement ladder Less time More time
- 21. Listening
- 22. 1. The Law of Listening Success with social media and content marketing requires more listening and less talking.
- 23. Listening Use Social media as a highly effective listening device Colleagues/staff Journalists Peers Competitors Influencers
- 24. Hashtags Industry specific #HolidaysInDevon #Holidays #Watersports Geographic specific #Somerset #Taunton #Weston Media specific #JournoRequest #PRRequest
- 25. #journorequest
- 26. Twitter.com/search
- 27. Create lists
- 28. Add to a list Click on their profile Click on the gear icon Click add to list
- 29. Hashtagify.me Hashtagifi.me
- 30. Listen Tweetdeck/Hootsuite
- 31. Feedly
- 32. Feedly blog collation what inspires you?
- 33. Flipboard
- 34. Listen for sales opportunities Whats the best way to? How do I ?
- 35. Share
- 36. 2. The Law of Reciprocity You cant expect others to share your content and talk about you if you dont do the same for them.
- 37. Be part of the community Sharing content helps you to be part of a community Amplifying content Helping person who created the content they will reciprocate Can maintain an independent point of view you can be seen as a content curator its not all about you Heres something someone else says what do you think? Helping stimulate conversation
- 38. Be an Informer Researchers at Rutgers University found that only 20% of us are informers on social media, while the other 80% are meformers. Informers had more 2x followers of meformers. Sharing information is better for your follower count than sharing about yourself.
- 39. Follow content worth sharing Step 1 follow content worth sharing
- 40. Step 2 share or retweet
- 41. Follow content worth sharing
- 42. How do you find influencers?
- 43. How do you find influencers? Huffington Post 99 The Guardian 99 Accuweather 63 BBC Radio1 94 BBC News 83 BBC Weather 70 BBC Breakfast 79
- 44. Who are the influencers in your industry
- 45. Value of the everyday influencer In the past, brands may have focused on popular bloggers and celebrities but today there is a new wave of everyday consumers that can have just as large an impact. Ways you can help people to become influencers Create content they want to share Engage them in loyalty activity GoPro loan scheme with close fans Encourage video sharing with competitions Embed on own website & social media power of the share
- 46. Content creation
- 47. 3. The Law of Content Quality trumps quantity.
- 48. SEO Content Marketing Social Media
- 49. Why Content Marketing? Increase in engagement Its favoured by 68% of customers On average it generates 54% more leads Some businesses have seen a 30% increase in Sales with Content Marketing (Zappos) More than half of B2B marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget in 2015. 70% of B2B marketers are creating more content than a year ago.
- 50. Images Web pages What is content? Archived content Blogs Infographics Podcasts Explainers Video
- 51. Adapted from Media Cloverleaf by Richard Edelman Content first strategy Tradigital E-news Forums Digital magazines Traditional Media Press Social networks Facebook Twitter YouTube LinkedIn Website Responsive design Mobile enabled Owned Content Video, blogs, photos
- 52. Who are your customers? YouGov profiler
- 53. Become a storyteller Make it visual, engaging, emotional Visual content
- 54. How does it make you feel?. Where is the product?....
- 55. First seen through E-newletters Then Website Then TV
- 56. Photography images catch our attention, our attention and are digeste faster than text @stacey
- 57. iPhone Photos
- 58. Video please 1 in 3 Millennials watch online material and virtually no broadcast TV
- 59. Customer support Creating video content for customer retention & staff engagement and training: Sony Xperia have created a YouTube channel of all their support and advice guides.
- 60. Easy content planning
- 61. 6 week content planner w/c --------- --- 1 2 3 4 5 Planned events/seas onal fixtures Video Photos Blog Facebook Twitter Pinterest
- 62. Editorial Calendar
- 63. Schedule posts for most popular times of the day If you schedule dont forget to be available for responses Work with your planned business activities Think about seasonal opportunities Create your own opportunities!
- 64. Create content with brand alignment Improve brand penetration New age, audience Different audience Align your brand with other similar brands Tell people your brand story
- 65. Mulberry hand crafted in Britain brand Commissioned a series of focusses on similar brands Wedgewood Aston Martin Mackintosh Saying we are like these brands #mulberryteacup
- 66. Thought Leadership
- 67. Highlight your expertise Show off your opinion Start to gain followers in the sector Influence purchasing decisions at the right level
- 68. Manage your reputation
- 69. Think before you post!!!
- 70. Make Managing Your Digital Reputation A Priority!!
- 71. Analyse your success
- 72. 8 KPIs for social media 1.Number of Fans and Followers - Basic but important how many followers, new followers and equally important unfollowers 2. Demographics and Location Whats the % males, females, where are they based what time do they use SM, what are their interests 3. Number of active followers Active users is a really important indicator as you want relevant and influential people who actively interact and engage with your company. 4. Likes, Shares and re-tweets Are your posts relevant and interesting to your followers? What % of posts have interactions. IF not change engagement strategy 5. Number of comments - Are you engaging in two way conversation and whats the speed of response 6. Number of mentions How often are people interacting with you? 7. Traffic back to website - % of traffic from social media 8. Your Klout Score - Your overall influence in social media
- 73. Likes Comments and Shares
- 74. insights
- 75. detail
- 76. Demographics
- 77. Listen Google Alerts Twitter Google Reader Share & converse Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Pinterest Newsletter Content creation & Broadcast You Tube Blog Flickr iTunes/podcasts Community building Forum Facebook Groups LinkedIn Groups Virtual worlds Social media engagement ladder Less time More time
- 78. All things Twitter and Facebook Live Demo
- 79. Anatomy of a Tweet
- 80. Questions firstname.lastname@example.org @GUTS_SW @Cosmic_UK
View more >
Leveraging-Social-Media-to-Engage-Customers-and-Build-Your ... ... Leveraging-Social-Media-to-Engage-Customers-and ... Engage Customers and Build Your Brand ... vs. promotional ...