engaging the mind, moving the body, enriching the soul ...48flwd98e212i19i206fvrwh- engaging the...
Post on 22-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
…Engaging the mind, moving the body, enriching the soul, sharing smiles…
A 501c3 nonprofit organization & creative arts center serving individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Related Conditions,
Special Needs, Developmental Disabilities, and their families..
How it began… • 13 years ago…Mothers of children with autism spectrum
disorders went on a mission to find appropriate after school programs to meet the challenges of their children. There were none in Bergen County at that time.
• Collective knowledge and organization. Established a board by empowering friends and professionals to the cause.
• Created a signature program dedicated to children with autism with the guidance of Dr. Suzi Tortora, Ph.D.., LCAT, and special educator.
• Tested, repeated, and modified the program, and extended the program to teens and adults with autism and related conditions, as well as people with developmental disabilities.
MarbleJam Kids Today center for creative arts therapy & enrichment
MarbleJam Kids is a PerformCare NJ and NJ DDD authorized service provider for children, teens, and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Related Developmental Disabilities, Mental Health Conditions, and other Special Needs.
The programs offer exploration of the arts and creative opportunities that enhance the otherwise highly structured special education curriculum, while therapeutically addressing the unique array of challenges presented. Sensory-cognitive-physical-emotional.
Services also provide pre vocational and adaptive arts classes and career building blocks while creating a social network of support to last through out a persons lifetime.
Programs, classes, and therapeutic sessions are provided 6 days a week at MarbleJam Center, located Hackensack, NJ.
creative Arts Therapies are used in clinical practice to develop rapport between individuals and therapists, to provide a medium for expression to improve psychomotor and sensory impairments, and to increase interaction and communication in a fun and exciting way!
Dance/Movement Therapy: The use of movement as a process which furthers the emotional and physical integration of the individual.
Music Therapy: The use of music to improve physical, psychological, cognitive and social functioning.
Art Therapy: The use of art mediums as a means of expression and exploration of creativity.
Drama Therapy: The use of theatre techniques to facilitate personal growth and promote health through the expression of emotions.
Inclusive Programming - Supported Arts Programming - Environment for Success
What is Creative Arts Therapy?
SOCIAL CATs – AUTISM PROGRAM
• MarbleJam Kids signature creative arts therapy program 'Social CATS' uses the mediums of art, music, and movement to practice social skills, communication, relationship building, and creative expression in 90 minute ‘round robin’ program schedule.
• Groups are age and ability appropriated and explore the arts, engage socially, and collaborate with peers on projects.
• Each session headed by certified instructor, supervised by creative arts therapy director, and special educator.
• Goals and needs per individual are outlined and addressed each session.
MarbleJam Kids Services private & group therapy & enrichment
• Art Therapy - Music Therapy- Drama Therapy • Social CATS Autism Program • Respite Arts Program – After Care • Educational Remediation/Social Skills/Life Skills • Enrichment Programs • Prevocational Arts/Career Planning • Film Camp/Workshops • Adaptive Arts Instructional Classes
MarbleJam Kids employs & collaborates with the following professional staff on behalf of each learner we work with.
Special Educators - Creative Arts Therapists Behaviorists - Psychologists Therapists including Speech, PT, & OT Social Workers & Counselors - Teaching Artists &
Instructors Trained Support Staff – Volunteers
Joey Travolta’s Short Film Camp & Adult Workshop
• Joey Travolta’s Short Film Camp/Workshop - 50 students both with and without special needs, learn the art of film making from concept and create a short film. The film is premiered three months later at a RED CARPET event.
• The 2 week camp is a co-creative and collaborative social & prevocational development program that is inspirational, educational, and experiential for all involved. Curriculum includes, acting, improvisation, animation, camera, editing, directing, and writing.
• MarbleJam Kids is currently the sole producer of the camp in the state of NJ. MarbleJam Kids manages the camp logistics, volunteer force and professional staffing of approximately 20 individual's.
MarbleJam Arts in Work meeting the artistic and humanistic needs of adults with disabilities
Adult Fine Arts & Community Integration Programs Adaptive & Customized Programming MarbleJam Arts in Work Program is an adult habilitation program consisting of fine arts prevocational classes and enrichment classes for adults with ASD, DD’s, and learning challenges. MarbleJam is approved for physical therapy & cognitive rehabilitation therapy through NJ DDD Supports Fee for Service Medicaid Program & Community Care Waiver Program. Program Goals:
• practical skill building • continued education • community inclusion • social opportunities • independent life skills • entrepreneurial skills • health & wellness
FINE ARTS CLASSES SKILL BUILDING - PREVOCATIONAL – CAREER PLANNING
• Drawing & Shading • Paint/ Composition / Water Color / Acrylics • Mixed Media Work / Collage / Composition / Design • Sculpture /Mosaic Art / Jewelry • Life Skills - Workplace Skill Building • Photography – Landscape-Studio-Event-Abstract-Commercial • Graphic Design – Photoshop – In Design - Illustrator
COMMUNITY INTEGRATION PROGRAMS interactive social continuity through theater, arts, & wellness programs
• Integrative Art Community Exhibitions & Murals
• Integrative Music: Songwriting, Voice, Piano
• DramaJam Theatrical Program & Troupe Adaptive Fitness/Zumba/Yoga/Dance
• Clubs & Meet Ups
DramaJam Theatrical Troupe of Bergen County Season 2 Begins Jan. 7th, 2020
Arts in Work Creations Jewelry Greeting Cards Calendars Soaps Mosaic
Drama, Dance, Fitness, Film, Fun!
MarbleJam is a cross-platform entertainment property for kids and tweens that employs a group of culturally diverse original characters who learn how to get along despite their differences. Through music and story, they unravel the mystery of the magical marbles….
Thank You for kind support, listening ear, and helping the marbles roll…
MarbleJam Kids – 214 State Street, Suite 204, Hackensack, NJ 07601 201-497-6512 www.marblejamkids.org
Visit us on facebook & Instagram! @marblejamkids
Slide Number 1 How it began… MarbleJam Kids Today�center for creative arts therapy & enrichment MarbleJam Kids Center for Creative Arts Therapy & Enrichment�An environment created for success. creative Arts Therapies are used in clinical practice to develop rapport between individuals and therapists, to provide a medium for expression to improve psychomotor and sensory impairments, and to increase interaction and communication in a fun and exciting way!���Dance/Movement Therapy: The use of movement as a process which furthers the emotional and physical integration of the individual. ��Music Therapy: The use of music to improve physical, psychological, cognitive and social functioning. ��Art Therapy: The use of art mediums as a means of expression and exploration of creativity.��Drama Therapy: The use of theatre techniques to facilitate personal growth and promote health through the expression of emotions.��Inclusive Programming - Supported Arts Programming - Environment for Success��� The Power of Music Therapy�Courtesy of Jenn Goodman, MT-BC & Jacqueline Laurita SOCIAL CATs – AUTISM PROGRAM MarbleJam Kids Services�private & group therapy & enrichment Staff �Joey Travolta’s Short Film Camp�& Adult Workshop� Slide Number 11 Slide Number 12 MarbleJam Arts in Work�meeting the artistic and humanistic needs of adults with disabilities �FINE ARTS CLASSES �SKILL BUILDING - PREVOCATIONAL – CAREER PLANNING Slide Number 15 Slide Number 16 COMMUNITY INTEGRATION PROGRAMS�interactive social continuity through theater, arts, & wellness programs Slide Number 18 Slide Number 19 Arts in Work Creations Drama, Dance, Fitness, Film, Fun! Slide Number 22 Thank You for kind support, listening ear, �and helping the marbles roll…